One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Friday, September 23, 2011

Inspiration Showcase Day 6 color Blend Stamping with Distress Ink

For this card on Day 6 we were asked to use a die on the long side of a card...I only had the scallop..so that is what I used.  Then I took a narrow piece of white cs and inked it completely with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I inked up a background stamp with fired brick and misted it a couple of times with the Pearlized Water...then I pressed the inked paper to the large background stamp, pressing and holding it down for a few seconds...can you just see the background?  It is really elegant looking.  While that was drying I stamped a butterfly and embossed it with white embossing powder, then I colored in the butterfly with three or four different distress inks, all spritzed with the pearlized water.  I cut out two .25 strips of water color paper and inked it completely with the Antique Linen distress Ink...I heat embossed the PTI sentiment and added some buttons.  This is the first time I have made a card with die cut for the sides of the card...I can see doing this with other dies, like bracket border dies or others, especially the ones that PTI has available.  And I especially like the background - having this technique in my arsenal will allow me to make my own backgrounds when I don't think a paper will quite do the trick...(oh...the antennae for the butterfly was made using some twine I had and covering it with glossy accents...it allows me to shape it and it dries fairly quickly and holds its shape.)

No comments: