One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Inspiration Showcase Day 10 - Bonus Card

I have several days that I have not posted a card or a circle for my canvas...I guess I am just jumping around...and I don't have all the supplies that are required to do some of the techniques...so today Jennifer showed a card and then her guest was Shari Carroll from Hero Arts also...she colored a Christmas tree, first with stamping the tree with peeled paint Distress Ink, then the technique that I found intriguing was coloring it with not only more peeled paint, but she also used some stickles...just a drop size...mixed it in with the paint that she dabbed onto her craft sheet, and spritzed with water...wow, does it ever give it a neat looking sparkly effect...I tried it with a pumpkin that I had...it happens to be a Stampin' Up pumpkin..and the leaves in the background are also Stampin' Up, but first I embossed the leaves onto the paper, sprayed perfect pearls on the water color paper and got it good and wet, then I put applied fire brick, peeled paint, wild honey, and spiced marmalade onto my craft sheet and sprayed them fairly heavily with the perfect pearls also.  Using the large paint brush, I brushed on those four colors onto the water color paper...I did it in strips...the perfect fall color...I like how it looks in the background...the sentiment is from PTI 2009 Autumn Tags.
I am sorry that you can't see how the pumpkin shimmers with the stickles mixed in with the distress ink...it looks fantastic!

No comments: