One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Inspiration Showcase - Distress Stain and Stamping with Perfect Pearls

The second card I made for this bonus card I pulled out a Christmas stamp set.  Now, I do not have many large background stamps...but one that I bought a few years back was the Hero Arts Holly Flourish.  So the first thing I did was to apply the peeled paint to the entire piece of paper...really rubbing it in good and making it solid.  After that, I shook my mister with Perfect Pearls and spritzed my Holly Flourish Background Stamp.  Oh, it looks so cool...I love that technique!  After I finished that I decided a nice poinsettia would look good in the corner, so I pulled out that stamp and did a water color on it using the fired brick and the worn lipstick - I dabbed them onto the craft sheet and spritzed again with the perfect pearls and then used the paint brush to paint in the flower...I had extra of the green with the Holly Flourish, so I cut out two hollies to use as leaves.  I then added some bling to both the flower and the leaves.  I didn't have the right size red gems, so I colored the clear ones with my copics!!  Oh, my nice big sentiment is from PTI Big and Bold Holiday Wishes.  I stamped with versamark and then applied white embossing powder...this is a very elegant looking card and was particularly fun to make and if I had a die for the poinsettia...it would be a snap...as it was, cutting it out was really easy because it basically had straight lines going into all the petals...

No comments: