One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, February 8, 2024

SEIZE THE BIRTHDAY ~ SPLATTERS by Glenda

Hi friends!  Today it is all about "splatters" on our birthday cards for Seize the Birthday.
Glenda is the lead on this challenge!

I used the same fun SSS Party Balloons embossing folder that I used in January, this time I ink blended some greens and blues on my card before embossing it. This particular ef comes with one balloon die, so I cut out a couple of balloons and strategically placed them over 2 balloons.   I added some Twisted Crepe dies from the Greetery cut with gold mirror paper and the sentiment is a PTI DIE.  I splattered with gold ink to tie it all in.  
I think this card is fun and festive!
So the challenge is to use splatters on your birthday card, that is the "topping", if you don't want to use the topping, then you are free to make any kind of birthday card and still play along with us!
See you in the gallery! 
And please check out the design team with all their fun inspiring splatters!
Our Special Party Guest for the next two months is Deborah Wheeler


Heart Hugs, friends!



13 comments:

Linda said...

Col, this is a fabulous birthday balloon card. Love the gold accents with the blue background.

Lisa Elton said...

Your streamers and balloons add up to one festive birthday card! This is fun, Colleen!

Nancy said...

Such a cool birthday card, Colleen. I think the gold streamers really did it for me! Have a great weekend.

Loll said...

Fun card Col!! Love the soft blended blue and green with the balloon embossing. The gold crepe ribbons are some shine, along with the gold splatters. Great design, my friend! xx

Barbara said...

Really nice effect with the popped-up balloons over the embossed ones. The gold splatters and streamers make this a great Birthday card.

Bonnie said...

Another great use of this embossing folder and die, Col! Love the colors and the gold splatters! The gold crepe paper swags add to the glamour!

Greta said...

So pretty and I absolutely love the gold splatters!

JulieP said...

Love the mix of embossed as well as die cut balloons. And the gold is amazing.

Cathy said...

Gorgeous design and colours Colleen. I have this streamer die (unused as yet!!) but not the balloon ef, it's a great combination, Cathy x

JoAnn said...

Love your fun card with the balloons and gold streamers. The balloon embossed background is perfect with them. Love them gold splatters.

Ashwini Rao said...

Definitely festive! I love the blue and green tones and the shiny gold on top. So fun!!

shirley-bee said...

Great balloon card, Colleen! I love the soft colours, and the gold really elevates the design.

Glenda J said...

Your blended ballon background is fantastic - great colours! The gold splatters go perfectly with your crepe twists & bold sentiment.