One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, October 19, 2023

COLOR HUES # 74 YELLOW & KRAFT

HI FRIENDS!
Today I am playing with the COLOR HUES CHALLENGE  and the two colors are Yellow and Kraft!

This is a Pinkfresh stamp called Thanks for being there.
I used Dox inks for the yellow flowers and CPD for the kraft as well as a PFS ink called buff.
I have been in Florida for a couple of weeks, and I have been looking forward to getting inky!
In between playing with my grandson and doing laundry I managed to get a card done.  Now I leave for LA tomorrow to watch my granddaughter, Ellie play volleyball for USC.  She is a defense player and starts every game.  They play the Washington schools this Friday and Sunday afternoon.  I am looking forward to seeing her in person and spending some time with her.  My daughter Dina (Ellie's mom) and little Jackson (2 1/2 years) are going with us!

The design team has some great cards on the blog, I hope you will go check it out and play along with this challenge. 

Heart Hugs, friends!



11 comments:

Hannelie said...

I love the way you used the challenge colors Colleen! Beautiful clean lines and a lovely fresh look.
Thanks for playing at Color Hues ♥

Nancy said...

You are certainly a busy lady! I know watching Ellie is going to be super fun! I am so glad you took a moment to play with us at Color Hues. Your card is just stunning! Safe travels!

Brenda in IN said...

This is such a wonderful color combination and a beautiful card to showcase it. Have a terrific time with Ellie and go USC.

Marcia Hill said...

WOW!! What an awesome card Colleen! It looks like that PFS stamp/stencil set was made for these colors...perfection!! So glad you had time to play with us at Color Hues...always love seeing you in the gallery!! Enjoy watching Ellie play and being with Dina & Jackson...what a fun trip!! Hugs. :0)

Loll said...

This is a gorgeous card Col! Love these images for these colours ... perfect! Sounds like it's been a busy (but fun) time for you. Have a great trip to LA and best of luck to Ellie for her game! xx

Lisa Elton said...

You're not only playing along... your winning in my opinion! This is such a beautiful take on the colors, Colleen. Love this! Safe travels, sounds like fun!

Tracey McNeely said...

Colleen your colouring of this beautiful flower cluster is simply perfect. I love how involved you ar with your family and safe travels to LA, have fun! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

Karen said...

This is an absolutely beautiful card! The different hues of colors add a lot of interest to the florals, and the die cut sentiment is perfect! Have a great trip; it sounds like lots of fun!

Linda said...

This really caught my eye in the Color Hues gallery, it's so pretty. Love how you've coloured the flowers xx

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful! Love the CAS floral design! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Color Challenge!

Bonnie said...

This is so pretty, Colleen! You have used these colors beautifully! How fun to go watch your granddaughter play volleyball. Our granddaughter plays volleyball and it's so much fun watching her and her team play.