One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, April 13, 2023

SEIZE THE BIRTHDAY ~ ALCOHOL

Hi friends!  Welcome to another SEIZE THE BIRTHDAY CHALLENGE!

Shirley is our hostess for this challenge and she is looking for "ALCOHOL" ON OUR BIRTHDAY CARDS...I chose to go with alcohol inks (*wink)

I had a lovely background made from alcohol inks and I cut out the Happy Birthday Circle from MFT from the center of my piece of paper and also the balloon.  

I used Gina K ML#2 for the background frame and placed the images on a white piece of paper along with an elephant from MFT Adorable elephants.

The string to the balloon is from PTI: Balloon Strings


I hope you will join our Special Party Guest, Hilary and the rest of the design team with this fun springy challenge.  BTW, even though it is spring by the calendar, we had snow today in the PNW and more is predicted for tomorrow morning too!  Snow didn't really accumulate in my area and it didn't last long, however it was pretty to watch the flakes come down.


Heart Hugs, friends!



14 comments:

HilaryJane said...

So cute and a great use of that alcohol inked background, love the little peek round the edge. It makes the perfect frame xx

Lisa Elton said...

This is an adorable card, Colleen!

Nancy said...

You have used my favorite elephant on a very cute card. Love how the alcohol panel is present throughout the entire card.

Barbara said...

I love this cute elephant and I do sue him often. I love the way that you did this card and it is an inspiring one for me. Pinning!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super cute ellie within the shiny fun framing :)

Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... that elephant is adorable standing in the Happy Birthday circle. Love the colours of your AI circle and balloon. xx

JoAnn said...

Your alcohol ink panel is so pretty, love the colors in it and how you used it to die cut the birthday frame for the cute elephant. Also, like how you used the left over panel for the frame.

JulieP said...

Oh this is so sweet!!! I love the pastel hue you achieved with your inking. Adorable card.

Bonnie said...

This is adorable, Col! Love the colors in your AI piece and the elephant with his balloon!

shirley-bee said...

Gorgeous card, Colleen! The elephant fits perfectly in the happy birthday circle, and I just love the colours. The balloon reminds me of the earth too.

Linda said...

Col, this is just so adorable and love your pretty blue/green gold AI background. Fun card.

Cathy said...

That elephant is so cute! He's a perfect fit for the sentiment circle too, love the AI colours and the framing too, Cathy x

Ashwini Rao said...

What a cute birthday card! I love the adorable elephant and the balloon filled with alcohol ink brings in color and interest. Great design and execution!

Glenda J said...

This is great Colleen! Love the colours you used for your alcohol ink - it's perfect that you used them for various pieces on the card.