One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Saturday, January 7, 2023

COLOR HUES #55 LIGHT PINK AND GOLD

Hello and welcome!

I made another card for the Color Hues challenge #55  light pink and gold!

I am loving this card and I think I should make more with different colors of butterflies!

I used DOX inks:  tattered rose and spun sugar, keeping a light hand on blending!

 

Pinkfresh:  Lush vines (background embossed and hot foil with a glimmer machine)

Pinkfresh:  Butterflies ~ stamp, stencil, die

Penny Black:  Love Die

The Greetery:  Love is (never fails sentiment)

I haven't decided yet if this is a wedding card, an anniversary card, or a Valentines card?

Maybe I need to make a couple more to cover all those bases above!

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!


Heart Hugs, friends!



16 comments:

Vikki H said...

What a beauty! You're right about this card design perfect for many different occasions. This is a wonderful card for the challenge!

Bonnie said...

WOW! This butterfly is just a tiny bit more beautiful than the background, Col! A GOREGOUS card!

Karen said...

You're on a great roll here! Another fantastic card---love how you used Lush Vines in two ways as the background for that gorgeous butterfly! So glad to see you again in the gallery at Color Hues!

Loll said...

AMAZING card Col!! It's so beautiful and elegant. You are on a roll with this colour combo. xx

Cindy Beach said...

Your beautiful card would be a lovely greeting for all those occasions. That butterfly is stunning, Colleen! I love the intricate embossing and foil details. Thanks for inspiring us at Color Hues!

Marcia Hill said...

So glad you're enjoying the colors in this current Color Hues Challenge Colleen...this card is absolutely BEAUTIFUL and would definitely work well for any of the occasions you mentioned! Also need to remember I have that background plate and should use it more often...thanks for the reminder my friend!! Lovely, lovely card!! Hugs. :0)

Brenda in IN said...

This is stunning, Colleen. I love these colors and the Lush Vines look beautiful. Great blending!

Darnell said...

Two really shiny and beautiful pink and gold designs for the Color Hues challenge, Col! I love cards that can be used for more than one occasion; they really come in handy! Happy New Year! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful card, Colleen!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--this is stunning, Colleen! I adore Lush Vines & maybe I'll gold emboss my stamp on white cardstock to get a similar look. Thanks for the inspiration!

Nancy said...

This is gorgeous, Colleen and I think this would be a wonderful card to duplicate. After I am done, I am off to put the Lush Vines on my wish list! I am swooning over that butterfly too! Thanks for joining us again at Color Hues.

I Card Everyone said...

Colleen, that 'flutterby' is a personal favorite of mine! SO perfect for any and all occasions, isn't it?
I love the way you've perched her one the edge of your gorgeous foiling!
=]

Hannelie said...

Wow! that butterfly looks amazing!
You really showcased the challenge colors in a beautiful way!
Thanks for playing at Color Hues ♥

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous butterfly and gorgeous background for it to light on. Love your card Colleen. I agree, it is perfect for many occasions. TFS

Tracey McNeely said...

Colleen another gorgeous card with these colours and I using my favourite PinkFresh butterfly! Thanks again for sharing with us!

Nancy Penir said...

How perfectly beautiful! Love the treatment of the butterfly and that gorgeous background! You have mastered pink and gold, my friend! Hugs!