One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, January 12, 2023

SEIZE THE BIRTHDAY ~WINGED THINGS~

Cathy is our hostess and she wants to see "winged things" on our birthday cards!
You know the drill...our topping is "winged things" but...
If you're not a toppings kinda person, well...you can just
stick with our usual "Anything Goes" Birthday!
The choice is yours!
 


To make this card I used these products:
AVERY ELLE:  Butterflies
PTI: Ways to say birthday
Trinity: jewels
PTI: royal velvet pattern paper
copics
Spectrum Noir:  sparkle pen

Friends it looks like I was a bit heavy with the sparkle pen on the bottom butterfly, you can't really see it in real life the way it looks in the photo (that's a good thing!).
 I did make one other card, since I had the stamps out:

For this card I used:
PTI Pierced Frames
Avery Elle Butterflies
Bazzill Basics Huckleberry Pie paper pack (I think I have had it for years!)
PPP:  Buttercream jewels
copics


Please check out our design team and all their inspiration and we have a NEW Party Guest to WOW you this month!  She is Stephanie Lanzalotto and you can find her here at: MY INK WELL
 
See you in the gallery!
 
 
Heart Hugs, friends!



14 comments:

JoAnn said...

Your butterflies are so pretty. I like how you have them flowing on the first card. The 2nd card is pretty also.

Bonnie said...

Two pretty butterfly cards, Col! Can you have too much sparkle?

Nancy said...

I bet this looks lovely even if it's heavy on the glimmer! Love both your cards, Colleen! The orange butterfly is blended perfectly! Well done!

Linda said...

Two beautiful cards, my friend and fantastic coloring.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I am so happy to be here as Surprise Guest. You can'r have too much sparkle, IMHO. Your butterflies look amazing, Colleen. Your coloring is stellar. Both cards are beautiful, but the first gives my heart a little flutter!

JulieP said...

Both are gorgeous...and as you probably know, I'm not a purple person. But I love the flow of the first design so much.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Can't go wrong with pretty butterflies! Both cards are fabulous

Cathy said...

2 gorgeous cards Colleen, not seen that butterfly before, it's a beauty and I love both colour schemes, Cathy x

Barbara said...

Two cards and I love that you did that as long as you had the stamps out. I really like the perspective of the butteries on the first card. They are flying away in the distance.

shirley-bee said...

Two gorgeous butterfly cards, Colleen! Love the progression of butterflies up the first one, and no, you can’t overdo it with glitter!

Vikki H said...

I love how your butterflies fly off the card on the first card! And your pattern paper accents spice up each card nicely.

Hansi Brittain said...

I love how your colors blend into the black, particularly the shades of purple. The purple and black strip is the perfect accent.

Glenda J said...

These are both terrific. I love your gorgeous purple butterflies and the CAS layout. The orange one is so bold and fabulous and goes so well with the blue.

Greta said...

Beautiful butterfly images & love both cards! Your coloring is wonderful, Colleen!