One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Saturday, September 17, 2022

CAS Christmas ~ September ~ Sparkle or Shine!

Welcome to another CAS Christmas!
We are halfway through September so this is our reminder post to get those cards done early!
We are still looking for sparkle and/or shine on your Christmas card!
What fun!
I pulled out Taylored Expression Brilliant Baubles for this first card:

I foiled the outline and the sentiment using Deco gold foil.  It sure has a lot of shine to it!
After adding the foil using my laminator I used the stencils that come with this set to add my colors.
I love the non-traditional colors!

I have one more card for you, this time I used the Glimmer hot foil machine:
This is a Spellbinders Holiday Florals hot plate and die set.
I used my zigs to color in the images.
The circle is from The Greetery:  Crimped Circles

Thanks for stopping by friends, I hope you are inspired to make some shiny or sparkly Christmas cards!
Please go check out the design team for more inspiration!

Heart Hugs, friends!



12 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Looks like you're loving hot foiling as much as me Colleen, and both of these cards are absolutely beautiful!! I just love love your trio of ornaments with the foiling and non traditional colors...soooooo festive!! And your Poinsettia's are so classic and just gorgeous! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. 😊❤️

Darnell said...

Foiling and glimmering and schparkle are where it's at this Christmas, Col, and your two beautiful designs check all the boxes!! Thank you for the inspiration! Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

Love, love, love these colorful baubles, Col! Such pretty colors and the foil makes them extra awesome! Love the foiled poinsettias too. Two beautiful, shiny cards, my friend!

Trina P. said...

Terrific twofers! The shiny foiling is amazing and you’ve captured it brilliantly in the photos.

Linda said...

Oh, friend your two cards are just so gorgeous with all that foil. Awesome cards.

Loll said...

Two beautiful foiled cards Col!! Love those fun stripy baubles. The colours are fun too! Your poinsettia is so elegant. Great work, my friend! xx

Lisa Elton said...

The trio of baubles are beautiful, Colleen I love unexpected colors! And those poinsettias...WOW!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Both foiled cards are so beautiful, Colleen! The shine of gold is amazing! The three baubles are so pretty, stenciled in non-traditional colors. And the zig colored poinsettias are just so gorgeous!
Hideko xx

Christine Alexander said...

Two beautifully foiled card, I always love a touch on non-traditional colour on your first, and your poinsettia on the second is absolutely stunning ♥

Brenda in IN said...

The ornaments are so pretty, Colleen. The poinsettia card is stunning. The foil gives such a beautiful shine to them.

Barb Ghig said...

2 gorgeous cards, Colleen! I love how you used your hot foil plate for that beautiful Poinsettias and how you colored the details on the ornaments...Both cards are really lovely! xx

Greta said...

Oh wow--these are beautiful, Colleen! Love the foiling! The first color combo is unexpected & looks great! Gorgeous poinsettia card--my favorite!