One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Wednesday, August 3, 2022

CAS CHRISTMAS ~ PINE

Hello friends!

Welcome to our August CAS CHRISTMAS challenge brought to us by Trina!

She is asking for a "Pine" card!!


I masked off a rectangle card front and lightly sponged over with an aqua color ink.  I also masked a strip so I could stamp the sentiment.  I stamped the trees and sentiment from Gina K Winter Whimsy stamp set.

We have TWO special guests this month: Elizabeth Stewart you can find her HERE

and Luci HERE

Please check out the rest of the design team for more fun pine trees!


 
 
Heart Hugs, friends!



12 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful effect with the masking ♥

Loll said...

Gorgeous row of trees with a soft blue sky background, Col. The masking has added so much visual depth. I especially love the idea of masking a strip fo the sentiment within the row of trees ... very creative! xx

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, Colleen! Clever idea to mask a section for your sentiment and I love your trees!

nancy littrell said...

Love your softly sponged sky for your beautifully stamped Pine Trees, Col. A clever split design for your sentiment too. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

ElizStewart said...

Colleen... I have those trees but I love what you did with them! Perfect simplicity. Thank you so much for asking me to GD this month!

Marcia Hill said...

I remember when this stamp set came out and I HAD to have it...and now seeing your card, I don't think I ever used the stamp! Grrrrr....definitely need to rectify that! Your card is absolutely lovely though Colleen, and I too love the area you masked for the sentiment...SO STRIKING!! Wonderful design!! Hugs. :0)

Brenda in IN said...

So clean and beautiful. I like the sentiment over the trees, great design.

Julia Aston said...

That is SO effective masking a space in the trees rather than just putting a sentiment strip of paper over them Colleen - you created a beautiful background for your lovely stand of pine trees with the blue sponging too! xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is gorgeous, Colleen! I love that you masked a strip for your sentiment, crossing the pine trees! It's so effective! The softly sponged light blue background makes the pine trees look beautiful!
Hideko xx

Trina P. said...

Beautiful! Love the simplicity and the design. Great job masking and inking.

Linda said...

Beautiful card, friend. Love the masked off area for your sentiment.

Greta said...

The perfect Oregon card, my friend! I may have to CASE you--love the design!