One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, June 16, 2022

More stenciled cards from my craft retreat!

After a two year delay because of Covid some friends got together for a little craft retreat.

It was so fun so spend some days with a new friend and ones I have met before.

Top left Linda from Lin's Craft Corner

Top right Greta from GG Creations 

Bottom left Vikki from Vikki's Paper Trail 

Me (bad hair day!)

Below, our hostess who arranged the retreat is Darnell from DJ Kardkreations

We had a wonderful 4 days of catching up and playing!
The cards below were made at the retreat.  Greta had us playing with stencils, using ink, spritzing with water and then after it was dried, we ran the card with the stencil through the die cut machine to make an impression.

After getting home I cut down my stencil embossed paper and mounted it on an embossed Sizzix 3-D Textured Impressions embossing folder.
The birthday die is from The Greetery and the Happy is also from TG: Birthday Blooms

This card uses a Gina K stencil Harvest Flourish and after putting ink direct to stencil and spritzing, I placed a piece of cardstock on top, rubbed it with my hand and lifted it off.
I dried it with my heat tool and then I used blending brushes with the same color of ink I had placed on the stencil and blended it in for a soft look.
The sentiment die is from Vikki and the stamp is from Darnell's stash. (Pinkfresh)

One more using the Gina K Harvest Flourish stencil and this time I borrowed a die from Vikki that had a shadow die with it.  This was a Simon Says Die.

I suppose there will be more to show you, I have been inspired to get inky and get to making more cards!  We played with alcohol inks and we did colored pencils with gamsol...so more to share in the next few days.
Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!
It was so wonderful to spend time with new and old friends after the last two years of isolation.

I hope we can do this again!

Heart Hugs, friends!





5 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

Three great cards and thanks for sharing how you did them. I never thought of running the panel through the die cut machine with the stencil. I will be trying that.

Bonnie said...

Oh, I'm envious that you could get together, Col! I KNOW you had FUN! Love these cards with the different stenciling techniques and embossing.

Susan said...

Wonderful batch of cards!! Looks like you had a wonderful retreat! Sure wish I could have been there!

Loll said...

Your cards are amazing Col!! LOVE each and every one. Of course, stenciling is one of my favourite things and each has some lovely stenciling and embossing too. I will have to give that a try. Looks like you had a fun and productive time at the retreat! xx

Darnell said...

Sorry to be so late commenting, Col! I am so behinder I can see my caboose! Hmm, I forgot you had that photo of me on your phone. That was sweet, although I can tell I wasn't feeling well. I always look off in my peepers. But enough about me, let's talk about this great display of your creations! They are all stunning and good job getting them made into cards right away. You inspire me! Thanks, too, for saying what we did because, you know, retention! Miss you and wish I was there. Soooo hot here again. Love and hugs, Darnell