One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, November 25, 2021

SEIZE THE BIRTHDAY ~ HOBBIES OR PASTIMES

Welcome to our last Seize the Birthday for 2021!
We will be back on January 6th!

This time Lindsey is our hostess and she is asking for us to make a Birthday Card that reflects a hobby or a pastime!  If you don't want to play with the topping, you are always welcome to make any kind of birthday card and post it on the challenge blog!


Since it is getting to be winter, I thought about friends that have a winter birthday and the pastime might be to do some ice skating.  (actually my BFF gave me this idea!)
So I pulled out MFT Ice Skater and colored her up with copics and drew a little ice rink for her to skate on.  I hope you will join us and play along with this challenge!
I look forward to seeing your card in the gallery!
 
Please check out our Special Party Guest CAROL for her inspiring card and all the other design team members as well, so many fun and interesting hobbies or pastimes!



Heart Hugs, friends!



9 comments:

Lindsey said...

Beautiful colours for your skater's outfit! Love how you drew the ice, too. Skating is a great idea for a pastime! I'd do it more if it wasn't for that really HARD surface if you fall. :D

Birgit said...

This is really sweet Colleen! You've colored this sweet little one to perfection and I love that you added hand drawn circles for her to skate on. Clever and cute!! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

JoAnn said...

Love your cute ice skater and your lovely coloring. Perfect choice for those that live in areas that ice skating. I prefer to be inside making cards. :)

Barbara said...

This had been mentioned before, but I will say it again. She is so sweet and you are clever to used this set for your card. It really does go well with pastimes and hobbies.

Nancy said...

Love the direction of your card no matter whose idea it was! LOL The execution is perfect! Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving!

Bonnie said...

This is adorable and colored so sweetly, Col! Ice skating was a favorite pastime many years ago. I can still do it in my mind, but my body just doesn't cooperate! Love the card and the happy memories it brings!

Ashwini Rao said...

Sweet and adorable! I really appreciate how minimalistic this card is - especially with the ice/snow theme, I love how the softly colored background and ground reflect that scene immediately. Amazingly delivered card, Colleen!!

Glenda J said...

This is so adorable! Terrific choice for the theme. Great colours and handmade ice.

TaeEun said...

How adorable! Beautiful soft coloring on the girl and I also love how you give her the ice to skate on!!!