One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Wednesday, September 8, 2021

COLOR HUES ~# 25 ~ TURNING 1!

Congratulations to Nancy the creator of this awesome challenge called Color Hues!
And to the design team who have given us such wonderful inspiration for each challenge!
I couldn't pass up this momentous occasion with a card!
I am going to be curious what our normally beautiful fall colors on our trees will be this year, the only thing I see changing is to a brown and it might be because we have had so little rain this season and very hot and dry weather.  Usually in the Pacific Northwest, we have magnificent fall foliage colors.
That is why I chose to make a tree filled with the beauty of yellows and oranges for this card. 
And I couldn't resist a couple of pumpkins resting by the trunk.

 This is what I used:
The Greetery:  Fir & Foliage #1
MFT:  Fall Friends (pumpkins & sentiment)
PTI pattern paper in Harvest gold and orange zest cardstock 
Gina K: Master Layout #2









And lastly I want to share a picture of my latest grandson, Jackson who is 4 months old in this picture.
He traveled to California with his Mom and Dad to watch his big sisters play in a college tournament at Long Beach last weekend.
They both play for Portland State University.  Ellie is the libero and was named the Libero of the year for the Big Sky League.  Her sister Lily, will have to wait to play that position when Ellie graduates!

He is so much fun now and I am lucky to have him live right next door to me!





7 comments:

Karen said...

Goodness, that tree is gorgeous, and just what we hope to see here in the Northeast in a month or so! The sentiment is one of the nicest autumn ones I've seen. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues for our first birthday celebration! (Your grandson is adorable! I had to look up what the libero does, so I've learned a bit today, as well.)

Marcia Hill said...

Had to chuckle a little bit when I saw your tree Colleen as I came so close to using that same tree and colors for my card too! I just happened to find the leaves stamp before I found the tree stamp in my Greetery bin, and that's why I didn't use the tree. Glad it worked out that way though as your card turned out BEAUTIFUL and I'm loving the little pumpkins you added too! And of course your photo of Jackson just couldn't be any cuter...I'm still jealous you get to live right next door to him!! Hugs. :0)

Trina P. said...

Wow! That tree looks amazing! The pumpkins are a fun addition. Fabulous job stamping and use of the color hues.
Jackson is adorable, way to go Ellie!

Bonnie said...

I know you just love being so close to this adorable little guy, Col! He's lucky to have you next door too. I hope you get some of these gorgeous Fall colors! Hopefully they will come through. Keep that card up to remind you how beautiful they can be.

Lindsey said...

Your grandson is definitely a cutie! As for your card... beautiful autumnal scene. Great idea to add the pumpkins to the fall tree. I hope you get some fall colour in real life, but I can see how your summer might prevent that. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Nancy said...

Jackson has just stole this post! I loved his shirt! I bet the girls were so happy to see him routing them on! As for your gorgeous fall card. As much as I love the tree, the pumpkins really got my attention. They are the perfect size and colored perfectly! I have very little fall stamps in my stash. Thanks for joining us for our 1 year Anniversary at Color Hues and for sharing Jackson with us! Hugs!

cm said...

Beautiful tree sporting its autumn colours and oh, how sweet the pumpkins at the base! Thank you for celebrating with us at Color Hues!
Your little Jackson is adorable! That smile!
~carol