One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Friday, February 12, 2021

TWO-FER CARD CHALLENGE #35 ~ BALLOONS

Hi friends, I hope all is well with you.
We are in the middle of some winter weather here in the Pacific Northwest!
We have maybe 5 inches of snow, but on top of the snow is frozen rain.
My granddaughter came over to ask if I wanted to go sledding with her (absolutely, YES!)
And when I came out she was laying on the snow trying to do a snow angel, she managed to push on her legs and make an imprint, but not so the "wings"  that is how hard the snow is!
But even if we couldn't build a snowman, we sure had fun sledding because it had a nice ice on top!
 
I am joining in the TWO-FER CARD challenge today and it is all about balloons.
I took a Sunny Studios stamp set called "Bold Balloons"
I used the one that is a star and made a 4th of July card stamping with red, white and blue!
My other card is a birthday card and I have a rainbow of star balloons attached to a "big balloon!


I put up the "rules" for the TWO-FER challenge...use a stamp, die or stencil and make two different cards for two different occasions ...and the design needs to be unique for each one!  There are more explanations at the site if you need to be reminded about the rules!
 
Oh and good news, I have my vaccine shot scheduled for Monday Feb 22, the day it opens for the 70+ age group!  My Dad who is 99 will get his this coming Thursday!~
Have a great weekened!
 
Heart Hugs, friends!



7 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

AWESOME twofer my friend!! Love your star balloons and how perfect for your red, white, & blue 4th of July card! And the rainbow of star balloons couldn't be any more perfect for celebrating a birthday and will definitely bring a smile to the recipients face! And YAY for having a date for your 1st Covid shot...soooo happy for you!! Stay warm and safe!! Hugs. :0)

Birgit said...

These both are super cute Colleen! The star shaped balloon is perfect for 4th of July. What a grand idea!! Happy Valentine's day friend!

Bonnie said...

If I remember right, sledding on crusty snow makes for some fast and wild rides! I'm glad to hear that you took advantage of the winter weather, Col! Love, love, love your star balloons! So colorful and fun! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Twofer Challenge!

Brenda in IN said...

I agree with Bonnie, what a ride you must have had! I'm so glad you are getting your vaccine soon. I love the star balloons and you are sure thinking ahead with the 4th of July card. It is so patriotic. The birthday card made me smile with all those pretty balloons.

Darnell said...

I'm so glad that you and your Dad have appointments for your first vaccines, Col! How fun that you went sledding on that hard ice with your granddaughter and you didn't break or sprain anything! It's so hard to remember our real age when we turn right back into a child when it comes to playing in the snow! I can just imagine all the giggles!

Your two balloon designs are just great and I appreciate your attention to the rules! I love how you made your star balloons into a 4th of July card by coloring them red, white, and blue. The blue striped frame and sediment are perfect! And I think your birthday design is a fantastic optical illusion! I saw the rainbow balloons and bold sediment and thought they were so fun and festive. It wasn't until I read your post that I noticed the big fat full-front balloon underneath them! Talk about cute!! Thank you very much for playing in TCC #35! Take care and keep safe in that weather. Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

Sledding with your granddaughter ... that sounds like fun Colleen. I bet you both had a great time! Wonderful twofer balloon cards. Love the very patriot card with the red, white and blue star balloons, and then the other card with rainbow-coloured star balloons. So fun! xx

Happy Dance said...

Well, Colleen, I think I've got you beat with winter weather here in SE Wisconsin. We've got over 2' of snow on the ground with another 4"-6" falling as we speak, and it's bitter cold. No snow angels around here! Glad you and your granddaughter had the chance to play in the snow! And a big hooray for you and your dad getting the shots!!! I should be able to get mine by the end of April... As to your cards, I love them! What a great set! Such fun puffy balloons! Love the way you've tucked that bunch on top of another giant balloon! Wouldn't that be fun in real life?! And when we have the chance to be together, I always buy balloons for the grands at the 4th of July parade! Awesome cards! Thank you so much for joining us at The Twofer Challenge. Bev