One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Sunday, February 7, 2021

CAS Mix-UP Challenge and Color Hues

I friends!  I have one card for two challenges today.  

I am joining in the CAS MIX-UP CHALLENGE  and the COLOR HUES #11

I made my own stencil using an Impression Obsession Heart Die.

After laying it on my cardstock, I smooshed my versamark embossing pad over the stencil (after I used my powder buddy!).  then I added some new to me Distress embossing glaze..the brand new color of Kitsch flamingo, isn't it pretty?

I had the die cut sentiment sitting on my desk that I had not used for another card and thought, VOILA this is where they belong!  And when I used those, it came to me that I could enter this in the Color Hues which is red and pink this time!  Don't you love when things work out like that?

I backed it with a bit of gray cardstock from PTI called weathervane.

You really must go to those challenges and see all the awesomeness from the designers!

 

 


 Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day and a wonderful week!
 
Heart Hugs, friends!




12 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love this pretty pink glaze, Colleen! It works perfectly for your made from a die stencil and the red die cut sentiment is so perfect for it!

Karen said...

The new pink embossing glaze really makes a statement on this card! And the die cut sentiment was a perfect fit. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful! Love the CAS design! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Color Hues Challenge! ❤️

Julie B said...

That IO die makes a fab stencil doesn't it? You've combined the two challenges to great effect! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues. :)

Marcia Hill said...

CAS and absolutely perfect Colleen! I've never used any of the Distress Glazes, but I love the look with your IO heart, and that new color is awesome! Love, LOVE the red die cut sentiment too! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Brenda in IN said...

This is stunning, Colleen. I love the shine and that new color. It is perfect for Valentine's Day. Love that you made your own stencil, it is great!

Susan said...

Wonderful Valentine, Colleen. Love the shine on the pink hearts. Perfect red sentiment to top it off.

Loll said...

Beautiful Valentine's Day card Col! I love the colour of the new pink glaze (I have it ordered!). :) It's so pretty, especially with the stenciled hearts made from your die-cut (I think I have this same die-cut!). :) The red love you die-cut sentiment was meant to be. xx

Leslie Miller said...

There you go. Your die made a perfect stencil and it's a beautiful card! So very sweet! Love seeing this at CAS Mix Up!

nancy littrell said...

Simply beautiful stencil heat embossed hearts, Col. So clever of you to make your own stencil with the die cut heart. I Love your new TH Distress EB Glaze. I must add to my wishlist. So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Kara Lynne said...

I love how your card came together and qualified for a challenge to boot! I've tried smooshing VersaMark through a stencil once and it didn't work for me. I'll have to give it another go because I love how yours turned out! Also got to get me some Kitsch Flamingo - it's so pretty!

A.Rose said...

What a perfect heart!