One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Saturday, February 20, 2021

Jazzing up stamps and/or stencils with background stamps

I am back!  I was without power, lights, internet, etc for 8 days!
We had that ice storm that came through the Northern part of Oregon and it caused major destruction here in our city of West Linn.
It looks like a demilitarized zone, trees in the median of the streets are all uprooted or or broken to pieces.
 
Electrical poles are down across roads and power lines are laying all over the place.
They have called in crews from neighboring states to help get us back online.
 
But I went to my BFF's one day this last week so I could do laundry.  She did not lose power even though she is only 10 minutes away from me.  
So of course while I was waiting for the clothes to wash and dry, we played!
We tried Gina K's Monday night technique which was using a solid stamp or stencil with an embossed background stamp.
 

 The background stamp is and MFT (it belongs to Linda, I don't know the name of it))
and I used Pink Fresh Garden Florals Stencils
and the sentiment is from PTI: It's the Thought

I am going to try another one, I think this is so pretty!
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you all are warm and safe wherever you are!
On Monday my husband and I get our first vaccine shots.
My 99 year old Dad received his on Thursday!

Heart Hugs, friends!



8 comments:

Bonnie said...

I'm so sorry you had that horrible storm, Col! It's awful seeing and hearing the trees breaking apart from the ice! And it's never fun to go without power, especially when it's cold! I hope you had alternate heat and were able to cook. But you got a beautiful card out of your adventure! Love those pretty flowers and how the script stamping adds texture and interest!

Sharyn Polesel said...

I'm sorry to hear about your latest adventures. We've been hearing so much about Texas and nothing about this. Can't imagine being without power for 8 days. Happy things are better now. Your card is absolutely gorgeous! I love everything about it! The stamps, stencil and colors are perfect. Stay safe, my friend. Hugs, Sharyn

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...had no idea you had lost power for soooo long Colleen...everything has been about Texas, so I had no idea you were going through your own problems in Oregon!! Sending some extra prayers now that things get cleaned up and back to "normal" soon!! And YAY for Lin to the rescue!! Best friends really are the best!! And your card is BEAUTIFUL Colleen!! The scripty background looks perfect with that lovely Pinkfresh stencil over it!! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Brenda in IN said...

I agree that all we heard about was Texas and that is so sad. Now to find out you had it too and for so long - oh my gosh. I'm so glad you are safe and have power now. Something we all take for granted, along with water. That card is stunning and it's great you were able to get to Lin's and make it. I will go watch that video. Also happy you got your first vaccine.

Loll said...

So sorry to hear you were without power for 8 days! Yikes! That's a long time without heat or light. Glad that you are back on now.

It's wonderful that you could go to Lin's, get laundry done, and have some fun playing with ink. :) And what fun you had ... your card is gorgeous! I love the layering of stamp and stencil. xx

Susan said...

Wow - 8 days with no power - that's a really long time!! So glad you could go to Lin's for laundry and a break. Love your card - I always like text stamping on a card, it really adds a lot. And the colours are beautiful.

Darnell said...

I'll have to check this video out, Col, because your card is just gorgeous! I haven't heard a word about storm damage in the Portland and surrounding areas. I'm so sorry that happened! That's a very long time to be without all those things. How did you stay warm? I'm guessing you had a gas furnace, thank goodness. I'm so glad that the same thing didn't happen to Lin so you could go over and do your laundry and have a play while you were at it! And I'm delighted to hear that you are going tomorrow for your shot and that your dad finally got his. Brighter days ahead! Hugs, Darnell

Nancy said...

I had no idea you were without power my friend! That is the exact amount of time we lost it for Hurricane Irma. I can relate a bit although I would rather be hot than cold I do believe. Hope things are slowly getting back to normal. Looks like your time doing laundry with Lin was fun as well. Your card is gorgeous and I too tried that technique from Gina, but my results ended up in the trash. LOL Glad to hear your dad got his first shot and you and Scott are on your way soon. Great news! Take care!