One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Monday, January 11, 2021

TWOFER JANUARY CARD CHALLENGE ~ FLOWERS!


Hi friends, there is a new challenge up at the TWOFER CARD CHALLENGE and the prompt is "flowers"
I can't resist a flower challenge!

This is a Gina K stamp:  A Big Hello!

Inside the one on the left it says:  I've been missing you.

Which now that I think about it, these two are quite similar with their sentiments...thinking of you and here for you...hmmm.  Okay maybe I better not enter these cards.  But I will keep the link there so you can go check it out because they do have awesome cards for your inspiration.

I am sending out lots of card for my church and the one with hello can be generic, and I can write inside that we are praying for them or wishing them well...you get it.  the other  card would be a more personal one from me because it says: "I've"...clearly a card from me versus a group card.

But this is all good folks because I have two cards for the stash that I know I will use.

So now I will just have to make two more flower cards with different sentiments...maybe I should make one a birthday card!

Have a fabulous week!

hang on friends, I figured it out and made another card, yeah, so I can still enter the challenge, I am just going to switch up a card with a different one!


Okay, this is better, a birthday card and a hello card...YEAH!

I stamped and die cut the flower and glued it over the floral image to add more dimension!

Okay, these two I am going to enter in the challenge...

Heart Hugs, friends!



12 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

Your two cards are beautiful, Colleen! I love the bright pink and yellow flowers just beckoning spring! Two wonderful designs as well, and for all we know, the "Just Wanted to Say" could have the word "thanks" inside - but you are an honest soul, which is one of the things I love about you!

Bonnie said...

All three cards are beautiful, Col! I LOVE those two toned flowers! And the Hello card with the flowers covering the whole card front is so bright and pretty! And then the slimline card with that gorgeous sentiment and the flowers in opposite corners is so fresh and fun! You have outdone yourself, my friend! Thanks for sharing with us at The Twofer Challenge!

Marcia Hill said...

Ummmmm...this is the Twofer Challenge Colleen...not the Threefer Challenge! Haha...just kidding!! I honestly love, LOVE all three cards and that Big Hello stamp set (in fact I just used mine a week or so ago making some sympathy cards)! Your colors are so bright and cheerful and I really like how you entered the slimline birthday card to make sure you had two distinctly different cards. Well done my friend...well done! Hugs. :0)

Loll said...

Oh my gosh Col ... all three cards are GORGEOUS!! Love this beautiful new image and how you've coloured it ... especially the two tones on your first card. xx

Susan said...

Beautiful! Love the vibrant happy colours and the two very different layouts of the first Twofer, and love the change you made with the second Twofer - especially the gorgeous slimline card!

nancy littrell said...

How awesome to end up with 3 beautiful flower cards for different occasions, Col. I know I can't have enough thinking of you/missing you and Birthday cards especially since last March. Love your 2-tone split 1st card. Makes me think of our 2019 Retreat:-) TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...

Linda said...

Love, love, love these floral cards, friend. They are all fantastic. I particularly love the first two. Beautifully done.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

You are so funny, Colleen - great Threefer!! Especially love the slimline but they're all fabulous!!

TK said...

Beautiful florals, and marvelous colors -- two great cards

Darnell said...

I had no idea how much I love those two color hues of pink and yellow together! Your missing you card design has gone to the top of my "To CASE" list, Col. It's stunning! I also love your bright and cheerful Hello card which is certain to lift someone's spirits and your threefer birthday slimline of cascading flowers is just plain joyful! You have a fantastic talent for floral designs!

I thought we already had a missing you occasion in the list on the TCC sidebar, so thank you for making your card to bring it to my attention because we will add it. Sadly, with Covid, missing you cards are now being sent a lot so it's an important occasion. And thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #34! Take care and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

A threefer ... how splendid, Colleen! These are all beautiful ... the hello is deliciously tropical and vibrant ... the trailing blooms on the birthday card are so elegant ... and how wonderfully CAS is the missing you! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Sue said...

I love your cards Colleen. So bright and cheerful! I love how you used a relatively small stamp to make a slim line card. Brilliant. I love this set from Gina K.