One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Saturday, January 16, 2021

Color Hues # 10 ~ NAVY & CREAM

Hi friends, I am joining up with the Color Hues Challenge # 10 today.
The colors are Navy & Cream and I am taking a cue from Nancy who thinks this is a perfect color for a wedding card, and she is right,  but I am going to use it for a wedding anniversary card!
I recently cleaned out my stash with anniversary cards, so I was in need of more.

I used an Altenew stencil: Flowing Hearts and Dreamweaver Pearlescent Embossing Paste that I added a few drops of reinkers to get the navy color.
I added a strip of PTI dark Indigo striped pattern paper on the side.
I actually made two anniversary cards, the stencil had two sizes of hearts, so I thought I would use both and make another anniversary card:

I used this size heart stencil on the back of each of the envelopes.
Thanks for stopping by and you MUST go see all the awesome cards on display at the challenge because the team came up with amazing cards!  Go HERE to check it out!

Heart Hugs, friends!



10 comments:

Birgit said...

Beautiful Colleen! The pearlescent shimmer and the addition of the navy blue ink to the embossing paste looks amazing. Such pretty cards!

Brenda in IN said...

This is beautiful, Colleen. That stencil is so lovely and pearlescent embossing paste gave it a gorgeous shine. Both cards are great. I like the blue on the side of the first card.

Susan said...

These are gorgeous, Colleen, especially the first one. What wonderful use of the pearlescent paste to get the lovely navy colour!

Loll said...

LOVE this beautiful stencil, perfect for an anniversary card, Col! The pearl embossing paste is so beautiful and I love that you've added reinker to colour it. The pearl shine in blue is AMAZING! xx

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful stencil, Col, and perfect for anniversary cards! Love the shade of navy you got with the embossing paste! The use of the stencil on the envelopes makes these extra special!

Karen said...

That is a beautiful stencil, and absolutely gorgeous in navy! And the shimmer is such a wonderful addition. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Lindsey said...

Your cards are beautiful! I love the sheen the pearlescent embossing paste adds to the pretty navy colour. Great idea to add the stencil to the envelopes, too! (Note to self...) Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Nancy said...

I love these stencils Colleen! These both are terrific Wedding cards! Love the envelope idea too. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues and I hope you have a wonderful day!

Kristie Goulet said...

WOW! These are gorgeous! That stencil with the Navy colored embossing paste is perfect for anniversary or wedding cards. Great job! Thank you for sharing with us at Color Hues!

JoAnn said...

Two beautiful cards Colleen and perfect for anniversary or wedding cads. Love how you used the colored embossing paste on that pretty heart stencil.