One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Sunday, January 17, 2021

Christmas Kickstart Challenge #46, NBUS , and The Paper Players #524

Hi friends, I am joining in the Christmas Kickstart Challenge where the prompt is "such a deer".

I am also entering this in the NBUS Challenge #22 as I have never used this stamp before even though my BFF had given it to me maybe even a year ago...it is an Altenew stamp called Modern Deer.

And lastly I am entering this in The Paper Players # 524 Challenge where the challenge is about SNOW and being clean and simple.

I loved creating different scenes with the deer.

I used a Tim Holtz Tree Line die for the snowcapped trees and made a snowy sky with ink blending some DOX.

I really do love making Christmas cards year round, it takes the pressure off of last minute and I can really pay attention to details.


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have a fabulous week!

Heart Hugs, friends!



11 comments:

Bonnie said...

A beautiful deer, Col, and I love the lovely, snowy scene! Great special details!

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh Colleen, this is such a gentle, serene card! I love the deer and the lovely snowy scene! Thank you for joining my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

JoAnn said...

Love that beautiful deer Colleen. He looks so natural with the snowy background.

Brenda in IN said...

I really like the scene you made and the deer looks so peaceful at rest. He is tired from playing in the snow.

Susan said...

This is a beautiful card - love the snowy scene and love your NBUS deer stamp.

Dotty Jo said...

What a beautiful card, Colleen. I love that sweet scene you've created. Yes, making Christmas cards all year round is very helpful come December. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

Loll said...

Beautiful snowy backdrop for your gorgeous deer image, Col! I agree with making Christmas cards ahead does give you a chance to add more details. So fun! xx

Jaydee said...

Such a serene scene you have created. I love that beautiful snowy backdrop and your relaxing deer. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
jaydee

Darnell said...

I love that this stamp is of a deer laying down and your sediment is perfect, Col. Having her lay in front of the snowy and calm scene makes the whole design complete! Thank you so much for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep safe and take care! Hugs, Darnell

laurie said...

Love that winter scene...soft and pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Players!

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous. The deer fits perfectly on this peaceful scene. Thanks for joining the fun at Christmas Kickstart. Hugz