One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, November 5, 2020

Seize the Birthday ~ 1 - 2 - 3 Style!

Hey friends, we have a fun challenge up at the Seize the Birthday Blog, go check out all the inspiration from the team and our Special Party Guest is Jules, please give her a welcome at her blog:  HERE!
The Challenge this time is:  1 - 2 - 3
1 die cut or punch, 2 colours (excluding neutrals), 3 embellishments (same or different)

If you're not a toppings kinda person, well.....you can just
stick with our usual "Anything Goes"Birthday!

The choice is yours!

Just remember to keep it a Birthday Theme!
I have two cards for you today, both with a butterfly!
 
I used a PTI Stamp-A-Fair 2017 stamp called Ever so Much.
No die, so I fussy cut it out, embossed with white and used orange and yellow zig clear water color pens.
The sentiments is PTI: Keep it Simple, Birthday
and I added three Pretty Pink Posh clear marshmallow confetti
 
My next card for your inspiration:
I MFT die cut Brilliant Butterfly
2 colors blue & green
3 nuvo drops!
The background is an Altenew dotted scales debossing plate.

So there you have it 1 - 2 - 3!!
Hope you will play along with us!

 
 
Heart Hugs, friends!
 



14 comments:

JoAnn said...

Two lovely butterfly cards Colleen. Love them both.

Bonnie said...

Two pretty butterflies, Col! Love the bold and bright butterfly on the kraft background! The blue and green butterfly looks perfect on the debossed background!

Marcia Hill said...

Love them both Colleen and especially the MFT butterfly...one of these days I'm going to break down and just splurge and buy it!! I always tell myself I have enough butterfly stamps and dies, but every time I see someone use this MFT set, I want it!! Good grief but I'm addicted!! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Lindsey said...

You aced this tricky challenge! Both your cards are absolutely beautiful.

JulieP said...

These are both beautiful!!! I have that MFT die set and love it. It looks so good on your embossed background. (Note to self) Thanks so much for inviting me to hang out with you all!

Brenda in IN said...

What beautiful butterflies these are. The orange and yellow on kraft look so pretty. I love the shape of the blue and green one. Cute, wonky birthday sentiment. I'm behind, but love the tags you've made.

Ashwini Rao said...

Charming butterflies! But I must confess, I do love the second card more, thought I am very impressed with your fussy cutting skills! I love how you've added the embellishments as the butterfly trail - what a cute idea! :)

Barbara said...

Boy you were on a creative role and you made fantastic cards. They are so easy on the eyes and a knockout too.

Cathy said...

Gorgeous butterflies Colleen, love your take on the toppings! Cathy x

Nancy said...

Your bold butterfly is Gorgeous Colleen! Loving the pattern behind the fun butterfly on the second card too. Sorry I am so late stopping by!

TaeEun said...

Pretty inspiration cards, Colleen!!! Love the second one! What a fabulous CAS design with lots of lovely details!

HilaryJane said...

Two beautiful cards. I have recently acquired that background die that you have used on your second card, so thanks for the inspiration. I can't seem to stop buying things these days! xx

Glenda J said...

Your butterflies are both so beautiful! I love the colours and the elegant designs - well done.

shirley-bee said...

Beautiful butterfly cards, Colleen! I love the blue and green of the second card 💚💙