One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Sunday, September 13, 2020

Coloring for Fun

Hi Friends, well, some of you know that I live in Oregon, right now that is embarrassing because of the protests in Portland on National News.  And most recently we have wild fires and smoke.
The air index is over 300 which puts it as hazardous to our health...
So what is a crafter to do but color and stamp and stay inside guilt free playing!!

I had The Greetery stamps from early in their existence, all stamped and cut out, but then put away, so perfect time to pull those out and do some coloring.  It was fun and I enjoyed the process and then making a few cards.  One is already in the mail to a local girl who has Down's syndrome and last March when the pandemic started she wasn't feeling so good, the parents were thinking maybe she had pneumonia.
Well, it was leukemia and for a Down's syndrome child it is a long and more difficult although curable treatment.  She is having to spend a month in the hospital at a time and only going home for less than a week at a time.  Her mom is staying with her at the hospital and the dad relieves the mom to go home and take a shower, wash clothes etc.  I sent her a card early on, but now sent another one that I think she will enjoy getting.






I spent the day coloring quite a few of these and also a cute little lamb knitting.  I think my elderly aunts will get a kick out of these cute little creatures.  And I have a couple of knitting buddies that will think these are adorable.
So now I think I will move onto some other unused stamps and give them some love!

The fires have been really bad friends, small towns have been demolished by flames and so many people are displaced.  I think they said 500,000 people were evacuated and some of them within 15 - 20 miles of my home.  Red Cross was setting up centers for people to stay and to have food brought to them.  We have a pizza trailer and have been cooking pizza's and delivering them around the area wherever the Red Cross sends us.  It is the least we can do for those people who have either lost their home or had to leave because of the fires.
Rain is expected tomorrow evening...hopefully it will last long enough to quench the fires and clear the air.  It is unbreathable!

Stay safe yourself...the pandemic is not over yet.

Heart Hugs, friends!




6 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

I'm so glad you are safe. Seeing this devastation on TV is heartbreaking. I pray for all of you. I must mention how enabling you are. Between Gina K. and The Greetery you keep showing all these wonderful stamps and techniques and videos. I do not want to go back to work to pay for this hobby but this in enticing. These cards are so adorable and the coloring so pretty. Blessings to your sweet local girl and she will love your card. The aunts too will enjoy these. Bless you for making and donating pizzas.

Marcia Hill said...

These are all absolutely ADORABLE Colleen, and I just know the neighbor girl and your aunts are going to LOVE them! FABULOUS coloring too my friend!! Your poor state...I sure hope things calm down soon! I will continue to send prayers your way! Hugs. :0)

Linda said...

These are so adorable, Col and your coloring in fantastic.

Bonnie said...

Prayers for you continue, my friend! Coloring is a great way to get your mind off the dangers and you've made so many fantastic cards to cheer people! Love the Fall sentiments as well as the cute images! Stay safe. I pray the rains come!

Becca Cruger said...

I just blogged about how hazy it is here in the midwest and wondered how those on the west coast were faring. I guess I've got my answer! It's good that you can do some guilt-free crafting, but I'm wishing you all the best. Stay safe!

As for your cards, this is the cuuuuuutest little set and I can totally see why you had a blast coloring those images. Absolutely adorbs.

Loll said...

So much devastation. It's overwhelming. I hope that the fires are now under control since the cooler weather has arrived. Glad you are safe and able to help those in need.

Such adorable cards Col! Wonderful colouring and sweet images that are sure to bring a smile to whomever receives them. xx