One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Friday, August 7, 2020

More slim line cards...and playing Gina & Tom

Before I invest in all the new slimline dies I thought I should make a few and see if I like making that size card...turns out I do!  LOL
I have made four, one I already posted HERE 
for my friend Nancy
For this slimline birthday card, I used:
 Gina K: Wild Blossoms for the branchy leaves,
and for the flowers I used The Ton:  Floral Bits 2
the happy die is PTI: Bold Borders Flare
Have you seen the new design The Ton has for some of their flower images...I was blown away and couldn't resist buying one (okay, 2!) and see how they work...love them, love the ease of stamping and lining up and the dies are all in one piece, which means you get to cut out a bunch with one pass...genius I think!
 Have you see the cute Gnomes from Stamping Bella?  this is one of them, it has a different sentiment, but since the gnome was holding all those wonderful flowers, I thought this sentiment was perfect...it is a Gina K stamp:  Whimsical Flowers
the stencil is MFT: Spring Flowers
and some gold hearts

Same stamp, just colored with different copic pens.  These two cards are going to my aunts...95 and 97 years young!

Well another Monday stamp and chat came around and Tom joined Gina with some ink blending and embossing. Here is what I made:
I used Gina K Skeleton Leaves with turquoise sea and sea glass inks
On Wednesday, my BFF Linda 
came over and we both made a card from the Monday video.  I used a flower from Whimsical Flowers and embossed with white and then used wild dandelion and tangerine twist to blend over the stamped images.  At first I white embossed the sentiment and that was NOT a good idea, you could barely see it, so I stamped it in black and fussy cut around the sentiment...
Well, that's it from me,   a few more cards for the stash and playing along with Gina on Mondays and Wednesdays are highlights for me...I get to try new techniques, or older ones that I have forgotten about, and just play for fun!  I love it!
Have a great weekend friends!

Heart Hugs, friends!



9 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

Nancy's birthday card is so pretty and what a bonus to stamp and cut them all at once. The gnomes are adorable. I just got the skeleton leaves and can't wait to use it. I love how you did your leaf card and the flower one. I'm glad you and Linda get together and stamp. Gina has such beautiful cards and I've been watching her videos. Seeing Rina and Tom always add to the fun.

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my goodness....so many beautiful cards! Love your sweet slimline cards, so amazing!!!

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous cards, Colleen:-) I Loved your Slimline cards...I am hooked on the Slimline cards format too!! So easy to make into finished cards. How fun that you and Lin got to have some play time together:-) I loved your Gnome die cuts and your beautiful coloring. Stay safe and creative, my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Bonnie said...

The flowers on your slimline card are gorgeous, Col! Beautiful shading and colors! Love the gnomes. He's one of my favorites! The soft stenciled flowers make a fantastic background! Love the emboss resist cards! Very different looks by changing the color of the inky backgrounds!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Maria said...

What a wonderful collection of cards, Colleen!! Love those slimline cards...pretty flowers and darling gnomes!! Beautiful blending on the last two cards!! How awesome for your and Linda to get together for some crafty fun!!

Kara Lynne said...

I love each of your cards, Colleen! Your flowers are gorgeous, and that gnome is adorable - especially with that sentiment for your two aunts! I didn't think I was going to want to make slimline cards, and now I'm hooked too! Your emboss resist cards are beautiful, and I can even visualize you and Linda crafting together in my mind!

Loll said...

Beautiful cards Col!! Your slim line cards are so awesome. I have not tried making one of those yet. LOVE the gorgeous floral spray from Gina K. The colours you've used are so pretty and happy. I LOVE the gnomes from Stamping Bella! Sweet! And the sentiment you've used is perfect. Love the stenciled flowers in the background. Your last two ink blended cards are gorgeous. Love the soft, delicate colours of the first card, and the bright, summery colours of the second. You are on a roll, girl! xx

JoAnn said...

A beautiful array of cards. I love your slimline card with the pretty flowers. I have got to try the slimline card trend.