One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, July 30, 2020

Stamp & Chat with Gina K

Hi friends! 
I am still enjoying my Monday's and Wednesday's watching Gina K with her stamp and chat techniques.
Last week she had her husband in front of the camera coloring and using gamsol to blend!  He did a fabulous job too!
I had recently gotten "The Best of Flowers" stamp set and inked up the large flower to color with my prisma colored pencils and blended with some gamsol.
Just this last Monday Rina joined Gina and the technique is one Gina has used before.  She stamps a solid image with a lighter color ink, then using a darker color she randomly places the ink on the edges of the image.  I tried it with "A Big Hello" floral stamp and I also did it with a slim line card!  That was really fun and I think I will make more of these slim line cards.
Thank you for stopping by and taking a look!
It made it to 100 degrees today...and it has been in the high 90's for the last 4 - 5 days and more to come too!  Keep safe and well friends.
Heart Hugs, friends!



5 comments:

Loll said...

Two gorgeous cards Coll! Sorry I haven't had time to follow along lately. I LOVE that gorgeous blue flower. Your colouring is AMAZING! and I love the way you've finished the card with the contrasting black sentiment banner and a few sequins. Perfection!

Your slimline card is so pretty with the summery colours. Adding darker colour to the outside edges of the images really looks beautiful. I have not tried that. I usually add darker to the center of flowers, so this gives a totally different look. xx

Marcia Hill said...

I am so glad you're still having fun on Monday and Wednesdays with Gina...I am too! Both of your cards turned out AMAZING Colleen! I love LOVE the blue card!! I remember thinking that when Tom was coloring that he was coloring too dark, but I absolutely loved the way his card came out and yours is just as lovely too! And your slimline card is GORGEOUS!! Love the two pink colors together and that pop of bright yellow with the butterfly is awesome! Lovely, lovely cards my friend! Hope you have a great weekend. Hugs. :0)

Bonnie said...

WOW! Love this big blue flower, Col! And the slimline card is beautiful with it's cascade of pastel blooms! Wow, it is hot there! Stay cool!

Marybeth said...

Oh , they are both so beautiful Colleen! The rich blue in the first card is stunning! I might have to tune is as I bought all those products . Take care and God bless you all .

Darnell said...

You should be on commission with Gina, Col! You makes such wonderful cards from her inspiring videos. These are gorgeous colored pencil designs! I have to go check out the husband doing some coloring. Keep well! Hugs, Darnell