One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, July 16, 2020

Seize the Birthday Challenge

Hi friends welcome to our Mid July Seize The Birthday Challenge!
Glenda is hosting this challenge and she is asking for a non neutral color for the card base!
I thought pink and red would go well together and I have a granddaughter who just turned 13...yup another teenager in the family, that leaves ONE boy left (2 years to go for him).
I thought this little lady bug was so cute from the Stamping Village:  Happy Birthday!
I used a background stamp from The Greetery: Painterly Stripes stamped with both pink and red inks.
Thanks Glenda for this challenge to not use our typical white, off white or kraft card base!
So won't you join us and our Special Party Guest Jen from JENerally Speaking and play along with us for a non neutral color for your card base!

 

Heart Hugs,



16 comments:

Lindsey said...

This is adorable! A perfect granddaughter card. I'll be making one for mine soon! ;)

JoAnn said...

So cute. Love the pink card base and stamped background panel. Perfect with the cute lady bug and perfect for a young girl. I bet she loves it.

Brenda in IN said...

They grow up so fast don't they! This is so cute with that sweet lady bug. I love the movement on your card.

Kara Lynne said...

I love the combination of pink and red, and how you brought the two together with your stripes to make a plaid! Such a perfect card for your new teenager!

Bonnie said...

I love pink and red together and this card is so adorable! Love that little ladybug and the fun sentiment! Thanks so much for the beautiful birthday card with the Mason jar full of flowers! You helped to make my birthday a very special day!

Greta said...

Super fun card, Colleen! Love the pink & red together & the plaid is fabulous!

Barbara said...

Just an adorable card for you granddaughter. It is so delightful and charming too. I adore your color combo.

Nancy said...

Darling card Colleen. Your GK are growing up fast. Hope you are well and the family too.

TaeEun said...

The pink and red plaid you've created is so pretty and a perfect background for the little cute ladybug!

Nora Noll said...

This is so sweet. I love the plaid and the lovely pink background.

Birgit said...

Such a sweet card for a young lady. Adorable!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

So fun! Love the colored base, fun font with the cute lady bug too

Cathy said...

Love the pink and red plaid, and the sentiment and ladybug are adorable, perfect for your GD, I'm sure she will love it, Cathy x

Ashwini Rao said...

Lovely! The combination of red and pink looks sweet and you're right - that ladybug looks adorable!

shirley-bee said...

I bet your granddaughter loved this gorgeous pink card with the cute ladybird, Colleen!

Glenda J said...

This is so adorable Colleen! I love how you created the pink and red plaid. I'm sure your granddaughter loved it!