One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, May 21, 2020

Seize the Birthday ~ Totally Tropical

I think Shirley (our hostess) is looking forward to warm days ahead...her challenge at Seize the Birthday is Totally Tropical!  I wouldn't mind heading to a place like that right now, how about you?
I pulled out a set from PTI called Some Like it Hot (isn't that perfect for a tropical card?) And inked up some of those beautiful hibiscus flowers that are so prevalent in tropical climates (at least I know they are in Hawaii!!*wink)
So pull out some tropical stamps to make a birthday card and join us in the challenge!
Dotty from Just a Dotty Pudding is our Party guest!
Please head over to Seize the Birthday and see what the rest of the design team made for your inspiration and join us in this Birthday challenge! 
See you in the gallery!


Heart Hugs, friends!



14 comments:

Susan said...

Lovely summery tropical colours, Colleen - a lift to my spirits on a grey Vancouver day!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful shading on your hibiscus, Col! What a pretty birthday card!

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous!!!! Love your beautiful hibiscus, and those colors are amazing.

Birgit said...

This is stunning Colleen! I love the splashes of bright, tropical color.

Barbara said...

I love hibiscus and your card is a dream!

Kara Lynne said...

You knew just exactly what colors to put together in your tropical bouquet, Colleen! I love this beautiful card!

TaeEun said...

You've picked pretty colors for the hibiscus flowers, Colleen! The little flowers and tropical leaves stamped in the background are lovely too!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card, those flowers are beautiful and I love the large bold sentiment with them, I want to be there! Cathy x

Lindsey said...

The hibiscus in Hawaii are definitely beautiful! I don't think they'll let us in right now, though. The floral cluster on this card is gorgeous!

Nancy said...

Your hibiscus nearly jump off the card! Did you use Catherine Pooler inks for them? This card is totally tropical and beautiful too! HUGS!

Loll said...

WOW! Your bright hibiscus flowers are gorgeous! Perfect and totally tropical! Beautiful card Col! xx

Ashwini Rao said...

Love the flowers..and the placement of them in your card! Really beautiful card!

shirley-bee said...

My wish came true, Colleen, we’ve been having some wonderfully warm weather! I must order it again soon 🤣
Your hibiscus are beautiful, totally tropical!

Glenda J said...

This is so gorgeous! I love your colour combo - so bright and cheerful.