One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, May 7, 2020

Seize the Birthday ~ MONOCHROMATIC!

Here we are in the month of May with a new Seize the Birthday Challenge by TaeEun
Our Topping challenge is to use a monochromatic color for our birthday card!
You are always welcome to make any kind of card as long as it is a BIRTHDAY CARD!

My friend Marcia sent me several of these die cuts, I chose this teal color and added a PTI Pierced Frame around it and also a cute little cake colored up with copics from PTI  Tremendous Treats Birthday.  I added a little bit of nuvo glitter accents to make the icing look really yummy!

 I hope to see you in the gallery with your birthday card!
And please welcome Dotty from Just a Dotty Pudding as our Party Guest!
I look forward to seeing you in the gallery!!

Heart Hugs, friends!



17 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Love that colour combo - I'm so into teal! Your card is lovely. Thanks for having me as the party guest - I'm thrilled to be playing with you all, Jo x

Lindsey said...

So pretty! I struggle with teals, but this is perfection!

Bonnie said...

Love this teal and white combo and the the cake looks delicious right down to that sugary icing!

Loll said...

Sweet card Col! LOVE the teal and white together! xx

Marcia Hill said...

Cute, CUTE card Colleen and so glad you're getting use out of those FUN birthday dies...love it in the teal!! Hugs. :0)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Nice clean card - looks fabulous

Barbara said...

I adore these color and the CAS look. The addition of the icing on your cake makes me drool. Nice job! You may want to change the Surprise Party Guest to our new one for May /June. It's https://dottypuddingdesigns.blogspot.com/2020/05/seize-birthday-surprise-birthday-guest.html

Kara Lynne said...

How fun is that sparkly cake and what a perfect happy birthday sentiment die to frame it! I love the monochromatic teals that you used!

Greta said...

Love the color you chose for the monochromatic theme, Colleen! Such a fun BD card! Thinking of you & wishing you & your family continued good health!

Nancy said...

Can never go wrong with Teal! The thick frame looks great surrounding the scrumptious cake. Take care!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous cake and I love how you've framed it, fun card, Cathy x

TaeEun said...

What a great CAS design in teal! I love the sparkly icing!!!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous and festive birthday card....love that circle die and your cake looks so yummy!

shirley-bee said...

Fab card, Colleen! Teal is one of my favourite colours, and sparkly is one of my favourite icings 😀

Ashwini Rao said...

Isn't that color great! I think I'll need to pick some cardstock in that teal. Your card is awesome too - loving the subtle piercing on the frame and the sparkly cake - delish!

JoAnn said...

Very pretty in that lovely teal color. The cake looks great in the birthday circle. Love your card.

Glenda J said...

This is wonderful Colleen! That sentiment is perfect around the cake and I love the shimmery icing!