One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Wednesday, February 5, 2020

CAS Watercolour & Stencil Card Challenge ~ February

Hi friends!  
I made a card for the CAS Watercolour Challenge that my friend Marcia is hosting this month!
I think in honor of Valentines day and because she loves COLOR challenges, she chose red and black.  I was inspired by Loll's card...pretty much copied it!  And I mean that in the nicest way!
I used zig watercolor markers to color this flower from Gina K called Whimsical Flowers.  I added a piece of black and white striped paper too!
 And while I am here at the CAS Challenges, I decided to try my hand at foil stenciling with the CAS Stencil Challenge!
I used the Flowing Hearts stencil from Altenew that was given to me by my BFF for Christmas...it has two sizes, I used the smaller of the hearts for this card and used red foil to cover it.
It came out perfect!
My sentiment is from The Greetery: Sentiment Suite Love


 One more card, not for a challenge, just because it is Valentines coming up!!
I used the larger Altenew Flowing Hearts Stencil and I also used Gina K Glitz Glitter gel and it is so shiny and sparkly!  I added the sentiment from a die cut.
all of my Nuvo pastes dried up on me and I am not happy about that...I do love this Gina K, sure hoping this doesn't dry up just because I don't use it every day until it is gone!
Well, that is it for me, hope you all are having a wonderful Wednesday!!

Heart Hugs, friends!



10 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, Colleen! I love the pattern on the heart and how beautifully it works with foil! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Stencil!
By the way...I'm sure Loll will be happy to know that she inspired you to create such a lovely card for the watercolor challenge :)

nancy littrell said...

Three beautiful cards, Colleen. So pleased you joined us at CAS Stencil with Gorgeous Foil heart card. Such beautiful shine and heart. TFS Hugs..Nancy

Bonnie said...

You've been busy, Col! Love your red flowers and they are so pretty on the black base! Your foiled heart is gorgeous and so is the glitter heart! I hope the glitter gel doesn't dry up. It's so pretty! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Loll said...

WOW! Three beautiful cards Colleen!! I love the flowers you've used on the first card with the black base. The red just sings! Your foiled heart is gorgeous ... love white die-cut design in the center. And your gold glitter gel heart is beautiful. I know what you mean about things drying up ... a lot of the mixed media products are like that. We have to make sure we use it right away to get our money's worth! :) You've certainly done that with your Gina K. glitter gel! xx

Marcia Hill said...

Three absolutely GORGEOUS cards Colleen!! I love your 1st card with the red flowers on the black card base...SO ELEGANT!! And your foiled heart is STUNNING!! I have not had much success with foiling, but I may have to give it a try again! And I hear you about the pastes drying up...sooooo frustrating!! So glad the gold glitter paste still worked as that card is so pretty too! Lovely, lovely cards my friend! Thanks so much for sharing these beauties with us at CAS Watercolour! And btw, your "happy mail" was mailed out today! :0)

Susan said...

Beautiful Valentine cards, Colleen! Beautiful watercolouring on the first one - love the sophistication of the black card base. The red foil on the second card is fabulous - the shine must be incredible in real life. As must be the sparkle from the glitter gel on the third card.

Patti said...

Way to crank them out my friend!! Each one is a show stopper!! LOVE the red/black combo it is so striking!! : )

I hope you are doing well and are happy in your heart!

BIG (((Hugs)))
Patti

Cathy said...

3 gorgeous cards Colleen, love the foiled one, the red shine is lovely and your foiling is perfect! Thankyou for playing along at CAS Stencil, Cathy x

Brenda in IN said...

Black and red go so well together and this is lovely. The red foiled heart just shines and the glitter heart is gorgeous. All my Inka Gold pastes dried up too. I've tried different things to bring them back to no avail.

Unknown said...

Let me tell you something...

This might sound pretty creepy, maybe even a little "supernatural"

HOW would you like it if you could simply press "Play" and listen to a short, "musical tone"...

And magically bring MORE MONEY to your LIFE??

And I'm really talking about thousands... even MILLIONS of DOLLARS!

Think it's too EASY?? Think something like this is not for real?!?

Well then, I'll be the one to tell you the news.

Usually the most magical blessings life has to offer are the easiest to RECEIVE!

In fact, I will provide you with PROOF by allowing you to PLAY a REAL "magical wealth building tone" I developed...

And TOTALLY FOR FREE

YOU simply push "Play" and watch money coming right into your life... it starts right away...

CLICK here now to PLAY this magical "Miracle Money-Magnet Sound Frequency" as my gift to you!