One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, January 16, 2020

SEIZE THE BIRTHDAY ~ Stencils!

Welcome to our Seize the Birthday Card Challenge hosted by Nancy featuring "stencils" !
 I don't know about you, but I do like stencils, and I buy them, then I put them away and forget about them, but they really do add a lot of dimension to a card or a lovely background which is how I used mine today!
I used an MFT small brick wall stencil with pumice stone DOX ink for the background.
The flower pot is Penny Black Golden Dance that I stamped, colored with copics and fussy cut!!
I hope you will go see the rest of the inspiration from the design team and check out the card made by our Surprise Party Guest:  Joyce from Cards by the Sea.



Heart Hugs, friends!



14 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love that soft brick background with this pretty pot of flowers!

Trina P. said...

So pretty, Colleen. Perfect use of the brick stencil to create your backdrop.

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful card Colleen! I have that stamp too and don't think I've used it in ages...should probably pull it out and show it some love!! And I hear ya about buying stencils, using them once, and then storing them away...grrrrr! Glad I'm not the only one who does that!! All of your road trip coloring posts are wonderful too...loved your teddy bear as he reminded me of coloring with Kara!! Keep going girlfriend...you're doing great!! Hugs. :0)

Barbara said...

Great soft stone background for this sweet bucket of flowers. It is all that is needed.

Kim Heggins said...

Just absolutely beautiful Colleen! Love the soft background and your flowers are so sweet.

Ashwini Rao said...

Such a pretty card! I love how you've kept that background so soft and subtle! The flower pot looks beautiful!

Nancy said...

You Fussy cut those flowers! WOW! Love the stone background a lot!!! Great card!

Lindsey said...

I am also good at collecting stencils and not always thinking to use them. And I'm with Nancy - terrific fussy cutting of those flowers!

Cathy said...

Beautiful card, the flowers are coloured beautifully and I too am in awe of your fussycutting! The soft grey bricks are the perfect backdrop, Cathy x

TaeEun said...

The poppies are beautifully colored ! And the softly stenciled brick wall goes so well with it! Beautiful card, Colleen!!!

Loll said...

LOVE the subtle look of the brick background ... it adds a lot to your card. And great job fussy-cutting the bucket of geraniums. Fantastic design, Colleen!! xx

Glenda J said...

Such a beautiful soft background for the flowers. Beautiful colouring too.

shirley-bee said...

Beautiful card, Colleen! I love the subtlety of the stencilled wall. I too have a mountain of unused stencils, need to use them more.

JoAnn said...

The stenciled background is perfect for your lovely colored flowers. A very pretty card.