One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, July 18, 2019

Seize the Birthday with RAINBOWS!!

I think this is going to be one fun Challenge at Seize the Birthday!
It is all about RAINBOWS and I can hardly wait to see all the rainbows popping up!
I chose to use a flower stencil and brush on the colors of the rainbow starting with red in the center.

This is what I used:
Ranger Letter it Stencil: Flower Burst
Catherine Pooler Inks
Golden Glossy Gel Medium
Hero Arts butterfly Die: Delicate Butterfly Fancy
Avery Elle:  cake & candles (sentiment)

After the ink was dry, I laid the stencil back down and applied the glossy gel medium.  I think it adds a nice shine to the flower and texture too!

And then I just had to add a butterfly, but I didn't want it to distract from the rainbow flower, so I cut it out in vellum.





That's it friends!  I will look for you in the gallery and don't forget to check out the rest of the team and see the clever ways they used a rainbow on their BIRTHDAY CARD!


Heart Hugs, friends!



19 comments:

Lindsey said...

What a beautiful rainbow! The vellum butterfly and purple cardbase are perfect additions.

Marcia Hill said...

WOW!!! This is one GORGEOUS and colorful card Colleen...love it!! :0)

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I love the fun use of that stencil and the tiny addition of the vellum butterfly!!

Bonnie said...

Ooh! That's so pretty, Col! Love that burst of color!

Christine Alexander said...

wonderful colours Colleen :)

Nancy said...

If it wasn't for you I wouldn't now own any Catherine Pooler inks. This flower burst is sensational! You have a beautiful card here Colleen! Hope all is well and Dina is feeling well too! Heart hugs!

Barbara said...

I just love how we all did rainbows without actually doing a rainbow. Your inspiration is amazing and I love it.

Kim Heggins said...

Simply stunning...what a fabulous birthday card!

Cathy said...

Beautiful card, love the stencil and the shine is so pretty, Cathy x

Birgit said...

This is so pretty! Love the rainbow of colors and the sweet vellum butterfly. Hope you're well, my friend.

Trina P. said...

This is a burst of rainbow goodness radiating into my heart. Love the vellum butterfly. Love rainbows. Love this.
Hope you’re having a fabulous time with family. - relaxing and resting and enjoying. xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous use of the stencil to make your lovely rainbow! I love how it glows

Kara Lynne said...

I love this gorgeous, vibrant burst of rainbow colors, Colleen! The gloss gives it such a polished look! What a wonderful idea to create the butterfly from vellum so as not to detract, but really enhance the card!

TaeEun said...

The shiny rainbow flower looks pretty and the vellum butterfly was a perfect finishing touch!

shirley-bee said...

Fab rainbow colour burst!

Glenda J said...

I love your blended rainbow!! The vellum rainbow is a fabulous touch.

JoAnn said...

Love your rainbow blending with that stencil and the added vellum butterfly is a great touch.

Brenda in IN said...

This is so cheerful and vibrant. It is a true burst of bright colors and sure to make someone's birthday happy.

Mohsin Memon said...

Thanks For This Post and this is very informative post ever i have seen and don't forget check out these awesome Top 5 VPN's To Secure Your Internet Connection