One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Twofer Card Challenge #17 ~ BEES


I had to hunt through my stamps to find a bee, and finally came up with one in a  PTI stamp called Stemmed Sentiments.  The flowers are from a very old PTI set called All About You Additions.
I wanted something colorful and decided on swiping a rainbow of colors and then stamping the flowers.  My second card I masked off a section and brushed on my DOX inks and also used a stencil for more texture, then I stamped the flower from Sweet & Sassy:  Long Stem Silhouettes in black ink.



This is the prompt for playing in the Twofer Card Challenge this month.

Heart Hugs, friends!



9 comments:

Birgit said...

These are both really cute Colleen! I love the rainbow stripes with the patterned flower centers. So fun!!

Kara Lynne said...

These are two amazing bee cards, Colleen! I looked for them over at the Twofer Card Challenge, and it doesn't look like you linked them up there. Your swiped rainbow and flowers are gorgeous! How lovely is that masked sunset with just a hint of honeycomb! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

Bonnie said...

Love those swiped colors and the sweet flowers, Col! It's such a happy card! Great job of masking and sponging on the second card! Love the added feeling of texture with the stencil and that bee looks quite happy with the silhouetted flower!

Marcia Hill said...

Two FABULOUS cards Colleen!! I love your swiped rainbow colored card with the lovely flower garden...SOOOOO pretty!! And your 2nd card is GORGEOUS!! I love the blended and masked area with just the hint of honeycomb, and then the lovely silhouette! You really rocked this challenge my friend!! :0)

Darnell said...

These are both brilliant designs, Col! The rainbow colors on your first design make the perfect backdrop for your flowers and the warm sunset colors on your second design do the same! Sensational and I love the sediments, too! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #17! I had no problem linking your photo to the gallery so you're all set! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

Two beautiful bee cards Colleen. LOVE the swipes of rainbow colours with your adorable flowers stamped over top. So cute ... especially with the bees buzzing around! :) Second card is very peaceful with the masked and colour blened rectangle with silhouette flowers. Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge! xx

Leslie Miller said...

Ooooh, the colors and flowers on both cards... each so different, but love both! Cute and fun on one, and a graceful silhouette on the other. I like the subtle honeycomb on the "on my mind" card. The little bee adds character and I'm glad you found him so you could play along with us at Twofer. Thanks, Colleen!

Nancy said...

Love these sweet cards Colleen! The rainbow background works so well with the loving sentiment and then on the second card I just love the ink blending with just a hint of the honeycomb peeking through! Great cards!

Brenda in IN said...

I love these bright, rainbow colors and fun designs. They make me happy!