One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Saturday, June 15, 2019

Another Technique from the ESCR Retreat!

My BFF, Linda showed us a fantastic technique with Distress Oxide inks and silhouette type or outline) images to make quick and easy cards.
Her technique is to apply ink to cover a whole card face...that way you get two cards out of it when you cut it in half.
After the distress ink is dried you can go back in and apply the  powder buddy and then stamp with versamark and white emboss your image (or stamp with black ink and then emboss with clear)
I have several examples I will share here with you!
 this is one that when cut in half allows you to get two cards from the sponged area.




And since this was created with bright and cheery colors I thought it would make a great birthday card, I chose to add a die in black...nice and big and bold!  the image reminded me of the dandelion flower that we would pick as kids and blow the seeds all over and make a wish!!...I wouldn't think of doing that today!! LOL
I hope this has inspired you to get inky and blend some different colors to go for different looks and sentiments you plan to use!

Heart Hugs, friends!



6 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

This was one of the best techniques a real great reminder to use blended inks. Colleen I love all your cards but I think my favourites are the white embossed images.

Birgit said...

Wow Colleen, these are all fabulous and Great blending! I made up quite a few of these panels too, after seeing Linda's post. Looks like your retreat was very productive. Miss you my friend.

Kim Heggins said...

Simply stunning collection of beautiful cards Miss Colleen!

Marcia Hill said...

These are all absolutely GORGEOUS Colleen! I admit I got kinda hooked on this technique too after seeing Linda's post...so easy to do and brings such dramatic and beautiful results! Such lovely, lovely cards my friend and so good to see you in blogland lately...I'm loving it!! Hugs. :0)

Bonnie said...

Each of these is unique and beautiful, Col! What great colors you picked and awesome stamps for all occasions! That was a really fun project!

Susan said...

What a beautiful batch of cards in gorgeous colours! I really enjoyed that technique and will remember to use it more often - it's a great way to get a bunch of backgrounds for all sorts of themes.