One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, March 28, 2019

Seize the Birthday! "SPRING"

Hi friends, I know I have been missing and I feel bad about that...too much on my plate I guess.
However I have a card for this challenge and it is an easy one, the host is looking for a spring card for our Seize the Birthday Challenge!  The topping is spring, but you are always welcome to make any kind of a birthday card!

I think nothing says "spring" more than blooming
tulips in the yard!  This is PTI Tulip Time stamp set.

While I had them out, I went ahead and made two more birthday cards.  The last card I got a little bit in a hurry and before my nuvo drops were dry, I touched it!  GASP, I spread the nuvo drops across the stems with my finger.  Now in real life it doesn't show up very much, but boy take a picture and it sticks out like a sore thumb!
I hope you will join us at Seize the Birthday for this challenge!


14 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

So glad to see you got some time to spend in your craft room Colleen! All 3 cards are just beautiful...definitely one of my favorite stamp sets and it really makes it feel like Spring! And I would never have known about your oops if you hadn't mentioned it...I just thought it was your watermark that was a little out of focus...haha! (can you tell my eyes are getting old?!!)

Sharyn Polesel said...

Your Spring cards are beautiful! I love that tulip stamp. It's so much fun to stamp with and comes out perfect every time. How is your knee doing? Hope it's much better for you now. I've just gotten back in my craft room. Did I tell you I was bitten on the hand by a big dog and had to have nine stitches? Stitches are out now.....thank goodness and I'm trying to get back to normal. Hugs, Sharyn

Ashwini Rao said...

The tulips are definitely sparkling! So beautiful - love all the three cards!

Darnell said...

I think you're right, Col, nothing says spring like beautiful tulips! You've created a gorgeous threefer of them in beautiful spring colors!! Hugs, Darnell xxoo

Birgit said...

A lovely trio of springtime here Colleen! Those tulips are one of my favorite spring sets. I should be pulling mine out too. Thanks for the inspiration. I'm glad you found some time to get crafty. Sending you all hugs and wishing you well.

Brenda in IN said...

It's so good to see you back and making cards. These are lovely and perfect for spring. Beautiful colors and so life like. I hope you are feeling good and ready for spring.

Loll said...

Three beauties, Colleen. Love your spring cards and great idea to make several while you had them out. xx

Barbara said...

I came over here because I can't get to your blog through STB. I wanted to tell you that I am so glad that your are back in the craft room. It is a good way to relieve stress believe me. My sister had a rare form of cancer and went through some draining treatments. I also read your post and update on Dina! So glad it is better. Continued prayers.

Bonnie said...

A great save, Colleen! Anyone would think it was meant to be. All these cards are so pretty with the tulips! They've been blooming here and are so pretty.

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my....these are all so beautiful. Love all your gorgeous tulips!

Nancy said...

I fixed your link and all is good! Your cards are beautiful as always! We saw so many tulips while in California! They to me spread happiness! Hugs my dear friend!

Lindsey said...

Your tulip cards are beautiful! They are pretty in all the colours you chose. A lovely trio of cards!

TaeEun said...

Yes for Tulips :)!!! Beautiful trio of tulip cards, Colleen! I thought the Nuvo stripe is meant to be there as a tie of the bouquet!

Glenda J said...

All of these are sooooo pretty! Tulips are always perfect for spring and you've rocked these cards. Love them all.