One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Saturday, March 30, 2019

Blending some distress inks and oxides

My friend Linda had seen some posts on Kristina Werners blog showing the different blends of the distress inks and she made some cards.  So we took some of her color combos and I made some cards too.  We both needed masculine cards for every occasion, but we started with sympathy.



This was a quick and easy way to make double the cards!  After sponging on the distress inks and letting them dry, I white embossed an image.  I used PTI Turning a new Leaf, but I also used PTI Autumn Stylized leaves.  I just cut the paper in half length wise so I could get two cards out of each blended sheet.  It is so nice to have a friend who shares ideas and helps to inspire me.  My stash grew quite a bit with her visit!

Heart Hugs, friends!



5 comments:

Linda said...

Awesome cards made with the DOX blending. I really love this technique. It was so fun stamping with you this week.

Loll said...

Beatuiful blended backgrounds Colleen!! Love the colour combos. These all make beautiful sympathy cards. xx

Marcia Hill said...

Lovely, lovely cards my friend! Your blending is just beautiful and LOVE the color combinations too! Have you tried the new Picket Fence Life Changing Blending Brushes yet? A total must have...absolutely LOVE them!! :0)

Bonnie said...

Unfortunately we seem to need a lot of sympathy cards these days. It looks like your stash is in good shape. Four gorgeous cards and I love how you got two from a sheet of sponging. They're so pretty with that leaf sprig!

Darnell said...

A visit from a friend with hugs and laughter AND a boost to your stash is every crafty woman's dream, Col! Every one of your blended panels looks sensational behind the pretty white heat-embossed images! Thank you for inspiring us now!! Hugs, Darnell