One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Day 1 ~ 25 Days of Christmas Tags

I'm back...yeah!
I liked a couple of other tags from Day 1 so I decided to play along again.
It was that cute Santa that drew me to these tags, one made by Kim, the other by Lindsey M-p.
I took a little bit from each of them, they both used the Santa from SSS, Kim had a fabulous big red bow that I just couldn't duplicate, so I went with the ribbon on Lindsey's tag.  However, Kim had bells, and I loved that look, so I added a bell to mine! These were fun tags to make.  For the trim on Santa's hat I used the Uchida Snow Marker that flows liquid and when you use the heat tool, it puffs up!  A really cute look for the trim of Santa's hat!
 
It has felt so good to be back into the craft room although it is in short spurts of time.
I am still struggling with the knee bending.  This Friday I am having ANOTHER manipulation under anesthetic and while I am under the doctor is going to to a scope arthroscopically...to see what is preventing my knee from bending.  We think it is arthrofibrosis that occurs in 1% of people after any kind of knee surgery or replacement.  He should be able to clean up anything he sees and the hope is that I will be able to bend the knee after that.  I will continue with PT, in fact I go that Friday afternoon and again Saturday morning and I think everyday next week...after all this I need to keep it bending.  I do have a knee splint and that bends the knee also, I wear that for an hour at a time during the day.  Well, I better get this posted and go see about Day 2!
Thanks for stopping by friends!
Heart Hugs, friends!



14 comments:

Linda said...

So cute friend both the tag below and the one above. Glad you are able to get in and do some crafting.

Kim Heggins said...

Colleen...you made me smile, just like your sweet Santa! Love your adorable tag, love the ribbon and your fabulous and fun jingle bells! Thank you so much for joining Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags!

Bonnie said...

This winking Santa is adorable, Col! It's good you are feeling better enough to get in the craft room! That always makes me feel better and this fun guy is sure to please! Hope tomorrow goes well. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Marcia Hill said...

LOVE that Santa image Col and I'm so glad I read your whole post about the snow puff paint...I bought one of those eons ago (it's still in the plastic wrapping!) and didn't realize you had to heat it to get the paint to puff up! Haha...good thing I have friends who know what they're doing!! So glad to hear you're going back in Friday for the doc to see what's going on...will definitely be praying for you!! :0)

Darnell said...

Tags are a great way to ease back in, Col! And there are so many tag events happening to inspire you! You did a fabulous job of CASEing and melding Kim's and Lindsey's tags with that cute winking Santa baby! I hope all goes well on Friday! I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!! ❤Hugs, Darnell

Christine Alexander said...

These are adorable, I love your smiling Santa's :)

Loll said...

Adorable tag Colleen! That winking Santa is so cute!! Great tag! Hope all goes well this Friday and things will start to get better for you. Will be thinking of you and sending good wishes for a great outcome. Love, Loll

Lisa Byers said...

Such happy Santa tags!! Very festive!! Wishing you a speedy recovery!!

Brenda in IN said...

This is a fun, cute tag. I'm so happy you are able to spend a little time crafting. You are in my thoughts and prayers and hope the Dr. will be able to get things going again for you Friday.

Joyce said...

Your tag is really wonderful. Love how you took inspiration from 2 different DT tags. Thanks so much for playing along at the 25 Days of Christmas Tags.

Marybeth said...

Love both tags you were inspired by, Colleen! I also was inspired by Kims tag! Love your cute Santa Tag

Beverly S. said...

Pretty! Hope your knee gets better soon!

Susan Renshaw said...

Cute Santa!
Really enjoying taking part in
25 Days of Christmas Tags
Susan Renshaw
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Emma said...

Really Awesome tag!! Christmas Decoration Images