One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Saturday, August 25, 2018

SAF Betsy's Painted Poppy

I pulled out the poppy from Stemmed Statement and inked it up with soft stone, then water colored it using Kuretaki paints.  My water coloring leaves a lot to be desired...maybe it is the pain pills I am on!  anyway, in between icing my knee, taking naps and coming into the studio, I finished one card for the SAF ~ Betsy's Painted Poppy.  The sentiment is from the 2018 Anniversary set:  Mixed Bouquet.
Heart Hugs, friends!



9 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Hi Col! OMG, You're doing SAF. You must be feeling better. Hooray! We used the same stampset, and I LOVE how bright and clean yours turned out. PS. Keep icing!!!

Linda said...

Great job Col. Well, I have only gotten 2 cards done. I have no excuse except that I don't have my stamping partner with me. Pretty card friend.

A Cup of Cold Water said...

Beautiful card Colleen. Great choice on your stamp

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is beautiful, Colleen! I can't believe you are playing along. Lovely flower choice and pretty colors.

Brenda in IN said...

I've been thinking of you and wondering how you are getting along. I'm glad you are able to get into the craft room a little. I know how much you love SAF and hope Linda is there with you. This is a lovely watercolor. Maybe I should try pain pills before I watercolor.

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous poppy, the colour is perfect :)

Loll said...

Gorgeous poppy Col! Great work with no line watercolouring!! Take care! xx

Birgit said...

You did a great job with your no line water coloring Colleen. Your card is beautiful! Hope you're getting stronger every day. Sending (hugs) your way!

Bonnie said...

This is a beautiful watercolor poppy, Col! I think your watercoloring look terrific! Love the wash around the poppy and that sweet pink of the flower!