One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Friday, August 12, 2016

Just Us Girls Challenge # 356 Watercolor



Thank you for stopping again at the Just Us Girls Challenge.  This is my second week to be the guest over there!  And it has been fun to be with those other amazing designers!
This week it is all about watercolor!!
This technique was one I learned and practiced quite a bit during the Papertrey SAF a few weeks ago.  Kay Miller was the "Master" Water color artist.  If you want to watch her video you can go HERE and try it out yourself!  I am NOT in her league, but I sure had fun playing around with this technique and thought I would put it to use for you in this challenge!
stamps & die:  PTI: Rosie Posie, Graceful Greetings I
Heart Hugs, friends!



16 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is beautiful! Your design is so pretty and your watercoloring looks fabulous! I am loving all of those splatters, too!

Chris Dring said...

Such a gorgeous card, Colleen! Love your design and those pretty water colored flowers!

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful my friend and what a great set to use for this technique! Think I need to try this technique out again...it really is fun!! Lovely, lovely card Colleen!! :0)

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Colleen. Your watercolouring skills are amazing, my friend. LOVE your card design, layout and colours. xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Turned out gorgeous! I'm off to check out Kelly's video.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Whoops, Kay's [insert embarrassed face]

Maria said...

So pretty are those flowers, Colleen!! Fab water and design!!

Sharyn Polesel said...

I think Kay would be proud. This is gorgeous! I love your flower arrangement and all of those fun splatters. The addition of the striped edge is very pretty too. So happy to have you with us this month at Just Us Girls!

nancy littrell said...

Absolutely Gorgeous watercolored roses Colleen. I love your strip of DSP down the side and splatters too. Also TFS the link to Kelly's video. Hugs, Nancy

Brenda in IN said...

Oh Colleen, this is so pretty. Lovely watercoloring and I love the matching strip of paper along the side. I need to go watch that video and see if I can be this good!

Bobby said...

This is gorgeous, Colleen. I saw that video but haven't tried a card myself. After seeing your card I have to try it. It's great having you as a guest.

Linda said...

Gorgeous card my friend. It was so much fun spending the last 4 days with you.

Ina G said...

Beautiful card Colleen. Those flowers look fabulous. Love the layout. Another gorgeous card for us at JUGS.

Bonnie said...

You can certainly hold your own with watercoloring, Colleen! These flowers are beautiful!

Nancy said...

You not only hold your own as Bonnie states...you are incredible at Watercoloring! Stupendous card my friend!!

Judy Woodland said...

Oh, this card is just stunning. I have that stamp set and I WILL be watching that video. Thanks for sharing. Great take on the challenge, I'm such a fan of splatter too!!