One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Make It Monday #29: Freestyle Copic Coloring

I guess I do have a problem coloring "outside the lines" ...so I took creative license to just make lines with my copics and then stamp the words "Thank You" many times...Let me tell bout the inspiration for this card:  I bring communion to senior citizens who are either home bound, or live in a retirment facility and cannot get out (easily, anyways) to go to Church on Sundays.  This ministry is a real blessing for me...but I seem to have a very special place in my heart for our senior citizens (and some are very "senior"...like nearing 100!!).  The retirement center I was at today has a 'chapel' where most are able to gather...and in the entry of this chapel was a lovely picture in a frame...it had many verses from the bible on it and then it had random blocks of color not unlike what I did here...it struck me that it was not only beautiful with the rainbows of colors, but the verses were so uplifting.  When I got home, I thought to myself...hmmm....how about a card like that, but only using a simple phrase:  thank you....sometimes that is all that is needed to say...thank you...for being there, for being my friend, for laughing with me, crying with me, baring my heart and soul to you...a friend...
 All paper and all sentiments are from many PTI stamp sets...including the little tag from Tiny tags!!

No comments: