One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Friday, March 13, 2015

Seize the Birthday ~ the sentiment as focal point

Welcome to another Seize the Birthday challenge
Today our topping is to use your sentiment as the focal point.
If you are NOT a toppings person, then you can always go with
"ANYTHING GOES"! 
 
My friend gave me a pack of these American Crafts diecut chalkboard frames for Christmas.  I thought they would be perfect for the birthday sentiment!
I made the background with strips of tape and a sponge dauber.
I hope you will join us in this challenge
 
The topping:  Use the sentiment as your focal point
OR...ANYTHING GOES!


Have a great week!

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty card Colleen. Love the chalkboard style and the way you did the stripes on the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear I love that chalkboard on your card so bold and so beautiful..luv it..thanks for your visit my new blogland friend..hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super job with your background and what a great gift from your friend. Super card as always Colleen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these diecut chalkboard frames ! You used the perfect stamp for this gorgeous card,Colleen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colours and fabulous chalkboard technique. Thanks so much for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment...it makes my day!