One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Circle # 9 Altered Color Embossed

I had to use a paper that had a color on one side and was white on the other side...Hero Arts has folded cards called Hero Hues ...the card itself is a color, but inside it is white...makes it very easy for the sentiment or for personal messages.

For this technique, this kind of paper was needed...I embossed a piece of the paper with the Swiss Dot cuttlebug folder; punched out my circle and then sanded the top...by sanding you are removing the color on the top of all the dots...so now they are all white.  And now I added color by using the different color copics and touching the top parts of the white dots.  I punched out a Martha Stewart Butterfly in the Center.  And this is
# 9 on the canvas.

Now for the card...it is basically done the same way...I just didn't color in all the dots...and I cut out two butterflies (one was with a PTI die and the other was Martha Stewart punch) and I added a button with white twine in the center.  The sentiment is from PTI - Inside - Out Birthday Sentiments.  The background paper was some from the Memory Box.
Adding a little bit of color on the dots catches your eye...another nice technique to remember!

No comments: