One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, June 27, 2024

SEIZE THE BIRTHDAY ~ ADD A STAR

Hi friends, we have a new SEIZE THE BIRTHDAY CHALLENGE from Cathy.
She wants us to add a star to our birthday card!

the background stars are from Gina K polyglaze stencil-mates. called Star Struck.  I foiled it with a sheet of turquoise foil and then I used the stencil to do an ombre soft sea glass and ocean mist GinaK ink colors for the stars.
I added a star balloon from PTI Scribble Balloons stamp set and some silver star sequins.

I used the remainder of the foiled sheet for one more card.  I figure it would make a great graduation card or just any kind of card for a great super star even another birthday card!

 
 
Please check out the inspiration from the design team and our Special Guest:  Julia from Create with Me
 
Heart Hugs, friends!



4 comments:

Barbara said...

A lovely card with the stars in the background and then a larger one as a focal image. Gina K would be proud.

Cathy said...

A super starry card for a superstar Colleen, bet the foiling is lovely and shimmery, great twofer too! Cathy x

Brenda in IN said...

This is so pretty and I like that blue, shiny star.

Bonnie said...

I love that star balloon and I need to look into how you did that background!