One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, May 23, 2024

SEIZE THE BIRTHDAY ~ METALLICS

Hi Friends!  A new challenge is up at the Seize the Birthday Challenge!
Ashwini is our hostess and she selected metallic as our challenge!  So pull out your paper or ink that is metallic and let's make a birthday card!
If you do not want to use the topping, you are welcome to make any kind of card as long as it is a birthday card!
 
 

Now I see that the shine is not coming through very well, but these are all metallic cardstock!
I used a teal, blue and a magenta.
I used a die from The Greetery: Twisted Crepe (and the sentiment: Pinwheel Party)
 the Party Hats are a die from Waffle Flower: Layered Party Hats 
 I smooshed a little bit of blue ink onto the card to give it some texture,
I also stamped those little stars with Catherine Pooler Metallic Gold Ink

I had a lot of fun making this card and I hope you will join us with your own metallic birthday card!
Be sure to check out the inspiration from the design team and our 
Surprise party guest:  Jolanda
Guest Designer:  Johanna



Heart Hugs, friends!



11 comments:

Johanna said...

A fun card, and I can see the metallic although I agree that the photo doesn't show them well. Love those party hats.

Linda said...

Fun, party card using your metallic papers. It's very cute, Col.

Bonnie said...

Love the crepe paper streamers and party hats, Col! Great background too!

Loll said...

Adorable. LOVE the mix of metallic colours, Col! xx

Marcia Hill said...

I can see the metallics just fine Colleen, and I bet it shines even more in real life! I love your color choices, and this card would be perfect for guy or gal, and young or old...love it! Hope all is well and have a great weekend! No big plans here because of rain...things sure are green here though and I'm loving that!! Hugs. :0)

Barbara said...

I am sure that in real life you can see all of the metalicas as this is a fun party card. It has all of the elements of a party, streamers, hats and a great sentiment.

Vicki Dutcher said...

The metallic papers are so awesome! Fun party hats too

JoAnn said...

Love your shiny party hats and banners with the metallic papers. Great card Colleen.

Glenda J said...

This is so cool! Love that used metallic card stock for this fun and festive card. Absolutely terrific.

shirley-bee said...

It’s so hard to photograph metallics, but I can imagine how vibrant this when it catches the light. Fun card, great for any age.

Cathy said...

This card is bursting with a party vibe! Love the smooshing and gold stamping in the background as it highlights all the shiny metallic elements. Such a fun card. Thankyou too for your get well wishes, Cathy x