One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, April 11, 2024

SEIZE THE BIRTHDAY ~ GREEN + ANOTHER COLOR

Hi Friends!

This challenge at Seize the Birthday is brought to us by Nancy!

She is looking for the color GREEN and one other color on your BIRTHDAY CARD!


This is an MFT stamp called Happy Birthday Candles!

I inked it up with 4 different shades of green starting with the lightest at the bottom of the candle and worked up to a darker green at the top.  This gives it a nice ombre effect.

My second color is the yellow flame!

The sentiment is actually a die from SSS: Birthday wishes, and it comes with a background die which I chose to use vellum so you could still see the candles!

I hope you are inspired by all the awesome cards over at the STB blog and will visit the other designers and our special Party Guest Jolanda: https://jolandasinquespotstudio.com/ and Melanie: https://www.cardsbymelanie.com/2024/04/11/seize-the-birthday-281/ for this Challenge !

See you in the gallery!


 

Heart Hugs, friends!



11 comments:

JoAnn said...

What a fun card with your green candles. Love the sentiment on the vellum. Great card Colleen.

Lisa Elton said...

Love the happy green candles, this is fun!

Marcia Hill said...

I'm loving your gradient green birthday candles Colleen...what a perfect CAS card! I think I have that set and have never used it...think I better get busy!! Hugs. :0)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the ombré effect! Very cheerful card!

Linda said...

Col, your ombre candles look so good on this lovely birthday card. Have a great weekend.

Barbara said...

A standout card! So fresh and clean and I love the font on the sentiment.

Nancy said...

Love that your candles are in all shades of green! Super job with my topping, Colleen! I adore this card!

Melanie Hungerford said...

Wonderful card, the ombre effect of the green is perfect and love that bold sentiment! Thanks for having me as your surprise party guest!

Bonnie said...

I love how you graduated the shades of green on these birthday candles, Col! A perfect sentiment! I need to remember this design. A perfect design for those teens and tweens!

Ashwini Rao said...

The ombre looks fantastic! I thought the look would only suit leaves, but no - this looks really awesome! Wondferful card, Colleen!

Glenda J said...

Your candles are absolutely gorgeous! I love that you highlighted the sentiment with vellum. Great card.