One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, September 1, 2022

SEIZE THE BIRTHDAY + COLOR HUES

HI FRIENDS!


Welcome to our next challenge here at Seize the Birthday

We have a Special Challenge today!  We are Collaborating with our sister challenge Color Hues to help them celebrate their 2nd Birthday!  The bigger the party the better, wouldn't you say?  Congrats to them! 

For our "Topping" today, we are using the colors of their challenge which you will see below!

We are having a navy and lime green challenge at Seize the Birthday!
You get the privilege of being inspired by even more team members and our special party guest: ASA, who will be with us through the remainder of this year.  Be prepared to be wowed by all the Navy and Lime Green cards!
I have two for you today, I couldn't decide, so I am posting them both!


Penny Black: "bunches for you"
the Greetery:  Honeysuckle Stem (sentiment)
GinaK:  ML#2
Copics



The Greetery:  Honeysuckle Stems (flower & sentiment)
PTI: pattern paper (green parakeet)
PPP: lime sorbet sequins
 

Now, after you link up a card for this challenge make sure you head on over to Color Hues and Link up with them as well!  

 This challenge and their challenge will be like any other, as far as the winners go, each Challenge blog will pick its own Winners!  So you can double your chances!


 
I  hope you are inspired to play along with us with your navy and lime green birthday card!
See you in the gallery!


Heart Hugs, friends!



15 comments:

Barbara said...

Well, I can't decide either. I love them both. I love this color combo and I am impressed with the way that you used it on both cards. I am in a little bit of favor with the second one. I love the bold look.

Lisa Elton said...

So happy you posted them both, Colleen because they're fantastic!

Greta said...

These are both wonderful, Colleen! I can't pick a favorite either!

Marcia Hill said...

You've made this color combo SHINE with both of your cards Colleen!! I love the PB image with all the detail and how perfectly it all worked with just the 2 colors, and I'm loving the Honeysuckle card with the colors too...so big and bold and just perfect!! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Bonnie said...

Both of these are beautiful, Col! I can't decide whether I like the envelope full of flowers or the pretty honeysuckle the best! I'm just going to love them both, my friend!

JulieP said...

oooh! a two-fer!!! I can't decide either. They're both so lovely!

Vicki Dutcher said...

With this color combo you really can't go wrong -- both your cards are fabulous

JoAnn said...

Love both of your cards in the navy & lime green. That envelope full of flowers is so cute. The second card is pretty also.

Nancy said...

Love that you have a twofer for us, Colleen! I love them both but there is something about an envelope on a card that always appeals to me, then your Honeysuckle card is so bold and beautiful too. It's a true tie as I love them equally! Hugs!

Ashwini Rao said...

Can't believe you've made not one, but two cards! I suck at color challenges as well, so your cards both are a treat for me to see!! Gorgeous cards, Colleen!

shirley-bee said...

Well, I can’t decide between the two of them either, Colleen, they’re both fabulous! You’ve shown how to use the colour combo to make two stunning and different cards.

Cathy said...

Great use of the colours in both of these cards Colleen, love both of them, Cathy x

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Both cards are fantastic, Colleen! Wonderful designs to celebrate!

Tracey McNeely said...

Colleen both of these are just beautiful cards. So fun to create with you for another challenge with STB and the Color Hues!

Glenda J said...

These are both so great! Terrific layouts and fabulous details. I love this colour combo but I had a heard enough time doing one, let alone two. Well done!