One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Wednesday, August 17, 2022

CAS CHRISTMAS ~ PINE reminder BY TRINA

Hi friends!
Are you ready for another CAS Christmas Challenge for mid  August?
 
You still have time to play along with Trina and the rest of us by pulling out anything "PINE"
and joining us over at CAS Christmas.  You have until the 24th to link up your pine card!

I actually made two cards but I decided my first card was not quite CAS enough, so I modified the design with the one I will enter for this reminder challenge!

I started with an embossed green background paper given to me by my friend Greta! She knows I love this embossing folder, then I used The Greetery Nordic Frames.
My pine branch is an old set from PTI:  Peaceful Pinecones
I tied it all together with a bow from The Greetery:  Fit to be tied!
Penny Black:  Bauble Balance:  sentiment


I think this would have been fine if I hadn't placed three pine boughs on the card, one would have been CAS, but I look at it as a blessing because now I have one more card for my Christmas stash!

See you in the gallery!!

Heart Hugs, friends!



12 comments:

Linda said...

Two beautiful cards, Col. I love them both but especially fond of the second one. Lol.

Loll said...

Two lovely pine cards Col! I do love the gree textured background with your first card ... aren't stamping friends the best??!! Beautiful colours for your second card. Always great to get two cards and build that Christmas card stash! :) xx

Christine Alexander said...

two wonderful cards Colleen, such a pretty pop of colour on the first and love the soft tones of the second ♥

Julia Aston said...

Two beautiful designs Colleen - the pine and pine cones are so pretty and the cut out frames on both add great interest! xx

Bonnie said...

Two great Christmas cards, Col! Love the green embossed background with the pine branch and pretty bow! The second card with the pretty frame and blue background is fantastic too!

Marcia Hill said...

YAY to you for having TWO cards to add to your Christmas stash and both of them beauties too! I do the same thing too though Colleen...2nd guess myself about whether it's CAS enough and end up making another card! Not a bad thing though when you end up with an extra card!! I love the Peaceful Pinecones set you used, and have reminded me that that's another stamp set I have and haven't shown any love to in a looooooong time! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

Hey, getting an extra card for your stash was worth the extra effort! They're both lovely, Colleen. I like the frames you used on each card. Did we use the same embossed background... I think so!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Two beautiful pine cards, Colleen! The embossed green background, the white front panel, and the pretty red bow make a great Christmas color combo.
The three pine boughs in the second card are so sweet. Placing them closely in and around the frame creates a fun and happy feeling. Perfect for holidays!
Hideko xx

Susan said...

Two fabulous pine-themed cards! I agree, the first one is more CAS (love the use of the green card base), but I do love the other one with the blue background peeping through the top layer.

Trina P. said...

Beautiful set of cards. The first is CAS and wonderful in traditional Christmas colours. But my non-traditional colours loving heart though is drawn to your second one. 😂

Barb Ghig said...

Two more gorgeous cards, Colleen! I especially love the red bow and how you framed the elements on the first one...so elegant! xx

Greta said...

2 gorgeous cards, Colleen! That is such a great embossing folder & I need to use it myself!