One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Saturday, July 2, 2022

A few cards made from gifts from friends

First up is a birthday gift from a special friend, Brenda .  thank you so much!
I had fun playing with this die when we had a friends retreat in June.

I am trying to remember how I did this!  (LOL)  I think I used alcohol inks on glossy paper and added it behind the cut out.  The die is a Gina Maria Designs Die: Cut in Cut out Daisy Bouquet  
It makes a stunning card!
Thank you my friend!

Next up are two cards made from a gift from Darnell
This is an Altenew Stamp: Stained Glass Window and it comes with a circle die.
It  can be a two step set stamp image.  
Here I used one step coloring on the flowers, but I used the two step for the leaves.
The background piece is from Pinkfresh:  Ornate Circle.  
The ornate circle fit almost perfectly around the Altenew stamp, so I used the circle from PF and colored the edge with the same color I used for the flowers.  I inked up the solid flower image, but I added a couple of shades with a sponge dauber.

 

I went really bold with the colors this time, I used everything the same, PF Ornate Circle and the Altenew Stained glass stamp.

Thanks Darnell for gifting me this, I had fun playing with it and have a few other ideas to make quick and easy cards!

Heart Hugs, friends!



No comments: