One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, February 3, 2022

SEIZE THE BIRTHDAY ~ SPARKLE & SHINE

Hi friends!
We have a new SEIZE THE BIRTHDAY CHALLENGE UP ON THE BLOG brought to us by Cathy!
The topping challenge is to have sparkle & shine on your birthday card!
If you don't want to use the topping prompt, you may make any kind of birthday card!


I went all out with my sparkle and shine!
I used my hot glimmer machine and made my candles shine and sparkle!
 
Vicky is our Special Party Guest again this month so be sure to check out her card and all the other design team members!  See you in the gallery!
 
 
Spellbinders Glimmer:  Birthday Candles Background (red, turquoise, green and silver foil), Essential Duo Lines Rectangle (silver), and the sentiment (silver)
Gina K: glitter cardstock radiant red ( frame)

Heart Hugs, friends!



9 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

What a great card for anyone Colleen no matter what their age, male or female! I love those shimmery candles and the way you added shiny mats to your layers. I'm really enjoying guesting with you all - thank you for having me! Vicky x

JoAnn said...

Your shiny candles are so pretty Colleen. Love how you used the different colors of foil on them. I agree with Vicky, this is perfect for anyone and any age.

Vicki Dutcher said...

So fun with the shiny candles!

Nancy said...

Love the double frame and the multi colored candles! Trying my best to refrain from a hot foil machine! This is a fun birthday card!

Barbara said...

Wow anyone that can use their hot glimmer machine like this is amazing. I am still in the working out stage.

Ashwini Rao said...

How awesome!! Absolutely love all that foiling! You really don't need much else to make a card look stunning! The candles look really cool! :)

Cathy said...

I agree, your foiling looks amazing Colleen, this must look so sparkly in real life. I've got lots of foil and a laminator but haven't played much...you've inspired me to have a go!

Glenda J said...

Hot glimmer machine?!?! I'm learning so much in this theme. Such a fun card - great colours.

shirley-bee said...

You’re making me want to dig out my very under-used foiling machine, Colleen! Love those shiny colourful candles.