One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, January 20, 2022

SEIZE THE BIRTHDAY ~ EMBOSSING

Welcome friends to another SEIZE THE BIRTHDAY CARD CHALLENGE!
Barbara is our hostess and asked for us to use embossing on our cards.
 
There are so many ways to emboss. There is dry embossing. ( embossing folder) 
Heat embossing with powder. Embossing of your sentiment. 
If you cannot think of a way, just go to Jennifer McGuire on Youtube and type in Embossing.  There are a ton of ideas there. I sure hope that you use the topping on your card. 
And be sure to check out our special party guest:  Vicky and the rest of the design team for more inspiration!



I decided if I was doing one, I should do more than one!  I need to build my stash up, so perfect opportunity!  But I have to tell you it was NOT an easy day, must have been out of practice or something!  My first couple of embossing I tried with a brayer and ink pad, that didn't work out like I wanted, so I gave up on that and just used plain colored paper or like the one above, white! And I did emboss the sentiment and the pretty stars with white embossing powder!

 And my very first try is this one below, but when I was ready to post it, I realized, it was NOT an embossing folder, but a background die (a senior moment or just a brain freeze)!  And even though I did emboss the sentiment, I wanted to do more than just the sentiment, so that is when I started over and made the two above!

And even this one was my second try, I ruined the first background because it didn't cut all the way through in parts and when I went back to cut it again, it moved slightly, so you know what that looked like, a huge pile of pieces!

But I persevered and in the end I do have three birthday cards, so for that I am pleased!

The Greetery:  Pinwheel Party (stars)  Balloon Bouquet (sentiment)  Big Balloons (balloon die)
Cuttlebug folder:  Numbers & Happy
PTI:  Balloon String
Gina K: Fancy Greetings
The Greetery:  Delightful Numbers  (background numbers)

 So, friends, I sure hope you will give this challenge a try and emboss, dry or with powder and make a birthday card and join us in the gallery!  And you know, even if you don't want to use embossing, we love any kind of birthday card!

 
Heart Hugs, friends!



9 comments:

Cathy said...

Three gorgeous cards Colleen, love the decorated balloons and the colourful number die is a beauty, (adding to my wishlist lol!) Cathy x

JoAnn said...

Glad you persevered as all your cards look great with the embossed backgrounds and lovely balloons. The red & white is my favorite.

Barbara said...

Haha, Colleen you made me laugh. Senior moment like I have too! Well, I am glad that you made several of these cards. I love the colors specially the mint green and navy card. Very nice and I appreciate them.

Vicky Hayes said...

I can definitely relate to your crafting process Colleen! For my first guest design slot with STB I made a card that wasn't a birthday card *face palm* but luckily remembered in time and made another! Your cheerful cards turned out wonderfully - and surely the embossed die cut in the last card counts as embossing! Vicky x

Nancy said...

Well, "Well my mama told me there'll be days like this", is a song lyric that I am sure you know as well as I do. Despite them not being your first attempt, each one of these cards turned out very well! The last one is my fav! Have a great weekend!

Vicki Dutcher said...

These all turned out great! Love the backgrounds on all of them!

JulieP said...

Yay for a three-fer!!!! I love them all but I'm especially partial to the red and white one.

Ashwini Rao said...

Colleen, I love this design you have for these cards, I think if we have some ready backgrounds in the stash it will work wonderfully with this design. All three cards are gorgeous!!

Glenda J said...

I love that you did a bunch of cards - they are all fantastic! So bright, cheerful and fun.