One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Wednesday, March 10, 2021

CAS Mix Up March Card Challenge

Hi friends!  Hope all is well with you!
Bonnie is hosting the CAS Mix-Up Challenge this month and she has a video to share about her technique which is "Print Making with Die cuts"

 
This was fun!  I did what Kathy R did in the video and I laid out a large piece of watercolor paper and then after coloring the butterfly with zig clean color brush pens, I made prints with it all over the watercolor sheet.

I think what it needs is some splatters, but I didn't think of it until right now while I am posting and looking at the card!  LOL, I guess I could always add splatters now, you all just won't be able to see it!

 
So if you haven't already visited the CAS Mix Up Blog, I suggest you do so, this is another way to get more use out of your dies!  And it does make a pretty cool background too!
 Thank you Bonnie for this suggestion, I really enjoyed doing this technique!
 
Heart Hugs, friends!



9 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

This looks lovely, Colleen. Isn't it a fun way to make a background. Both of your cards came out so pretty.

Maria said...

Oh, how beautiful! Lovely butterfly and great way to make the background! Looks like a fun technique! Two gorgeous cards, Colleen!!

Susan said...

Your butterfly prints came out beautifully! Love the summer colours of pink and yellow - so uplifting in March.

Bonnie said...

This butterfly is perfect for the print making technique, Col! Love the colors you've used that are remind us that Spring isn't far away! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Loll said...

Amazing work with this fun technique Colleen!! Both cards are so beautiful! Print making is so fun. xx

Susan Joyce said...

Two wonderful cards Colleen, you achieved great prints with your water coloured butterflies.

Marcia Hill said...

Both of your cards turned out SO pretty Colleen...love the soft colors and those beautiful butterflies! Think I need to try it with butterflies too! Hugs. :0)

Darnell said...

These are so pretty, Col! You totally rocked the print-making technique and I love how it looks with the butterfly in those colors! I'll use my imagination for the schplattering, lol! Hugs, Darnell

nancy littrell said...

Your butterfly print making backgrounds turned out so pretty for both your cards, Col. So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up. Love and Hugs...Nancy