One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Tuesday, February 2, 2021

COLOR HUES #11 RED & PINK

Hi friends, there is a new Color Hues Challenge and it is all about RED & PINK
Love those colors together!!

I used Pinkfresh Seamless floral Panel stencils (there are 5 of them) 
I used DOX:  picked raspberry, fire brick, CPD Inks:  cranberry fizz, twilight;
I also used versamark and Hero Arts silver EP,  and clear embossing powder!

I wanted to show a little more of the shine with the embossing powders.  The 5th stencil is all about accenting the leaves, I used the versamark pen and scribbled in the tiny spaces, then added the silver embossing powder.  I went back and laid the 2nd stencil over top and using the versamark pen again I scribbled in those spaces and added clear powder because it was over the deepest red of the flowers.
I added two strips top and bottom with the silver embossing powder as well.  I laid it out on a pure poppy red cardstock from PTI.
This looks really stunning in real life.
And I am sorry that the fired brick is showing up more orange than red.

 I had fun making this card, took a bit longer because of the details with the embossing pen, but it was worth the effort.
Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you will join me in the gallery, there are some pretty amazing card inspiration from the designers!

Heart Hugs, friends!



7 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Colleen and you know how I feel about these Pinkfresh Studio layering stencils...there's no way you could have gone wrong using them for this color challenge! And I love the added detail with the silver embossing too! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Susan said...

Beautiful colours - love the touches of silver and the great stencilling.

Bonnie said...

What a gorgeous card, Col! I love the pink and red together and how you've used the red on the edges and the gold embossing! Very pretty, my friend!

Nancy said...

This is so pretty Colleen! Love the extra shine you put on the leaves. Sounds like you and Linda had a great time creating! Next time, give me a buzz! Thanks for linking up with us at Color Hues! Take care!

Loll said...

LOVE this card. What pretty colours you've used on our gorgeous layered flowers. Love the shimmer from the embossing of the accents! xx

Karen said...

This card was definitely worth all the effort you put into it! Stunning florals and the shimmery accents are wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Color Hues Challenge!