One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Sunday, January 3, 2021

CAS CHRISTMAS JANUARY ~ Silhouettes!

Welcome to our first CAS Christmas Challenge of 2021 Friends!!
Julia is our hostess and she is using the prompt:  silhouettes for our first challenge of the New Year.

I used WPlus9:  Iconic Christmas for my images.
I masked off the circle and sponged on some color with a light shining behind the tree.

I know it seems strange to start making Christmas cards when we just finished with 2020 Christmas, and some may have put away all the decorations, but trust me, you will LOVE having a whole bunch of cards all done by next December when you have to address and mail them out!
And even if your home decor is put away, I know your Christmas stamps are still close by, so join us and get more inspirations from the design team and our special guest: Pat



Heart Hugs, friends!



15 comments:

Pat said...

What a super silhouette Colleen and love the colours with the pretty green and a lovely yellow glow which shows off the tree and sweet little figure, and the red sentiment is the perfect finishing touch. I have really enjoyed being the GD this time. x

Julia Aston said...

what beautiful glowing colors you used around your sweet Christmas image Colleen and the sentiment in red is an unexpected surprise (love the look of it!) xx

Barb Ghig said...

Such a beautiful card, Colleen! I love your off-the-edge stamping and how your background makes the silhouette images pop! xx

Susan said...

Love the choice of the tree and the child for your silhouettes! Great sponging to set them off. And I love the contrast of the red sentiment.

Marcia Hill said...

I think I need to check out that WPlus9 set as I've seen a few people use it now and am really loving all the images!! Love the blending behind your silhouetted figures and tree and can just imagine them singing "Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree"! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. 😊

Bonnie said...

Those Christmas stamps never get put away here, Col! Love this sweet silhouette with the warm glow behind the tree!

Christine Alexander said...

Wonderful scene Colleen, I love the glow behind the tree. I now have another stamp set on my wish list :)

Loll said...

This is so pretty Col! Love the sponged light in the background behind your tree silhouette. I love that you've added a bit of red with the sentiment. Awesome! xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a sweet silhouette card, Colleen! I love the off-the-edge design, and the beautiful soft sponging. The glowing light behind the girl and the tree is so effective in creating a scene and makes a great contrast to the black silhouette. Happy New Year! :-)
Hideko xx

Birgit said...

Such a sweet Christmas scene here Colleen! Your silhouettes set off perfectly against your inked blended background. So pretty! Happy New Year to you and your family!

Cathy said...

Sweet silhouette images Colleen, gorgeous inking too, love the glow behind the little girl, it really makes the images pop, Cathy x

Darnell said...

That sweet silhouette really tugs at my heart, Col! You have made a wonderful design with it for the challenge! Happy New Year, my friend! Hugs, Darnell

Trina P. said...

Sweet silhouette images. Beautiful sponging to depict light shining from behind the tree... so effective and draws in the eyes.

Linda said...

Col, love your little girl trimming the tree and the light shining behind her. Lovely card my friend.

Brenda in IN said...

What a sweet image this is, Colleen. The shining light that highlights the scene is beautiful. It is early to start our cards for next year but since I just finished I know what stamps I have. By next year I have forgotten and have no ideas.